Vegan Long Island Message Board › mailing list preferences--to listserv or not to listserv...

mailing list preferences--to listserv or not to listserv...

Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 14
Hi again, good meetup folks. I've adjusted the mail list setting so that members can send messages to the "mailing list group" at will. It's unmoderated now.

So there are two ways to share your thoughts--on the message board, or via the mailing list (which I may sometimes also refer to as the listserv or e-list).

Suppose you don't want to be on the listserv, you want to get only important notifications from the organizer. There is a setting for that. The second setting is if you want to participate in the listserv but get your emails in a daily batch. The third option is to participate in the listserv and get the emails individually, as they're sent.

Just go to "Your account" and select the "membership and communications" tab.

There, you'll be able to set your mailing list preference.

Here's the Meetup.com explanation of the mailing list preferences (slightly edited by me for clarity):

Mailing lists let every member of a group send email to everyone else who wants to be on the mailing list, right from their email account. It's a great way to discuss where to meet, what to talk about and who' s bringing what, without having to keep checking the Meetup.com website.

Not at all: By choosing this option, you will not be part of the "mailing list." Rather, you will receive only important messages that are intended for each & every member, sent by the organizer or assistant organizers.

In one daily email : This option is like a daily newsletter. You will receive all messages to the mailing list, but combined into one daily email.

As they are sent: This option works like regular email. You will receive all mailing list messages as soon as they are sent.

So it's up to you--want the convenience of a mailing list, e-list, listserv (whatever you like to call it)? You can have it. Don't want to be part of the listserv group? You can opt out. smile

Jennifer