addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Vegetarian Dining Club Message Board › Vegan Southern Cookout @ Figueroa Produce's Din Din A Go Go! Tues., May 31

Vegan Southern Cookout @ Figueroa Produce's Din Din A Go Go! Tues., May 31

Tony
user 7168829
Beverly Hills, CA
Post #: 35
Details have been updated (including pricing info):

http://www.facebook.c...­

Vegan Southern Cookout @ Figueroa Produce's Din Din A Go Go!

Lawrence Ziese wrote:

Come join me and the staff at Figueroa Produce as we join in the fun of the extremely popular Highland Park Din Din A Go Go. We'll be making all sorts of interesting creations including my new healthy southern greens and vegan po boys! It's been over 15 years since I worked in a kitchen professionally, so I'm excited to be a part of the fun!

This will be taking place inside of the store, not in a taco truck... but you are all freely encouraged to try the vegan options outside as well. :)

Be sure to ask for things to be "more spicy" and I'll drop the atomic love sauce on your dinner.

Entrees

Two special sandwiches with fresh seasonings and ingredients on fresh baked French bread, toasted with chili butter and garnished with fresh arugula

Your choice of Po-Boy, as supplies last are:
Lemon rosemary chicken* Po-Boy with creamy cucumber sauce
Chili Burger* Po-boy with onion fritter with chipotle mayo
$7 each

Side dishes are:
Hamtastic** Southern Greens (we don't overcook 'em, we like you to taste the greens!) $4.00 a plate
Jalapeno chunky cornbread muffins with whole grain corn and wheat flours and fresh corn and peppers (huge hit with the taste testers) $1.50 each or $7 a half dozen

For kids we have Chicken fingers* in pickle ketchup or barbecue sauce $6.00 for 5 fingers and fresh carrot and celery sticks

Get a meal with a cornbread muffin, greens, and a Po-Boy for $10.00, or a kid's plate with Chicken fingers, a muffin, and greens for $9.00

All the sandwiches are made to order, and all the dishes are prepared with fresh picked, organic herbs and vegetables, locally baked fresh breads, and all recipes made by a very fussy vegan chef to ensure it's all vegan and delicious.

*This week we'll be serving up Fry's Vegan chicken, hamburger, and chicken fingers. Next week we will be featuring Match Meats.

** We use the kobe vegan lunchmeat ham for that extra smokey flavor

-----

Weekly Highland Park Din Din A Go Go

http://www.facebook.c...­

WEEKLY EVENT, EVERY TUESDAY!

Figueroa Produce Market

6312 North Figueroa Street

Los Angeles, CA

There will be a large selection of omnivore trucks, but many have vegan options! Past attendees: Vizzi Ahn Joo Lomo Arigato Tapa Boy No Tomatoes Grill Em All Tropical Shave Ice Eat Rokyo Don Chow Tacos JAM Bakery Mac-n-Mo's Morsels (in-store) CoolHaus Phydough

-----

Check out the pics from quarrygirl

Weekly Food Truck Feast in Highland Park

http://www.quarrygirl...­
Tony
user 7168829
Beverly Hills, CA
Post #: 43
The sandwich, greens and cornbread were good, but I don't think I'll be back. It's a 35 mile round trip from where I live (and a 48 mile round trip for my friend who I carpool with). Then we had to wait about an hour before we got our food. Also, there was no place to sit and eat the food, either inside or outside the store. Not even the food trucks in the parking lot had any tables or seats.

I posted my comments on the facebook page for this event and Lawrence Ziese replied:

"Hello there! Our first attempt had a few issues, and we are absolutely going to fix them next time. We will have seating, more grills, and better organization. Thanks for visiting and sorry about the wait!"