Victoria Creative Writing Group Message Board › Online Critique forums

Online Critique forums

Deborah
user 26039352
Victoria, BC
Post #: 18
I thought this might be a better place to put online forum information, since it would allow others to add. Basically, these are critique groups I have used in some faculty, with some information attached. Please add any you've tried and give feedback to allow people wanting to seek additional critiques online guidance.

From me:
1. One excellent source is Critters Writing Workshop- critters.org.
They insist on good critiques, but you have to be patient to reach the top of the line. Send in your work into a cue, critique a set minimum weekly to stay on the list, and yours gets critiqued. They are VERY stringent on good etiquette.
2. Harper Collins (Authonomy)
Lots of back scratching required. Bonus- if you're in the top 5 at the end of the month, your manuscript gets read by an editor. Never gonna happen to me- I can't spend the time playing the popularity game.
3. Baen 'Slush' pile (Baen.com)
Need some luck to get noticed? And very variable critiques- hard to get good detail.
4. www.mywriterscircle.com
Series of forums- looks good on the surface, pretty tight etiquette. I've used it for general writing info, but not critiques yet.
5. www.writerscircle.biz
I think this is the newer version of what I used to use. Highly variable posts- I felt like I could put lots in but get little out.

Anyone else?