add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Victoria Outdoor & Social Club Message Board › Site reactivated and organizers needed

Site reactivated and organizers needed

Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Hello VIEC members

I was just checking out how to save this meetup and it made me the organizer! So I will keep it going for now and I also don't believe in charging meetup fees or annual dues, just some donations on an event to keep the site up. The annual cost is $144 plus tax per year.

If anyone is interested in becoming an organizer then please message me. We can have several organizers for this meetup. I would also recommend that any hikes you post to make it mandatory for participants to wear hiking books and also to have proper clothing and water. This is also a good idea for leader personal liability reasons.

Cheers, Dean
A former member
Post #: 10
Thank you Dean! Now, the only question is - are we worth of your sacrifice ! Will we be able to form groups for several excursions this year or will we remain body of ignorant corpses. So far no big crowds are lining up for upcoming meet-ups and no new ideas are emerging.

user 9965085
Victoria, BC
Post #: 26
Hey Dusan,
No one is signing up for upcoming excursions because they are so poorly defined. Only one had a date, and it's so far away it's hard to commit. Plan an excursion for two or three weeks from now, give it a good description, announce it to the group, and they will come.

I plan to post a few hikes, maybe late February. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, so it's hard to commit just yet.

Why don't you become an event organizer and start planning something. I always go camping on the May Long Weekend... Hint, Hint :)

And thanks again Dean for stepping up and keeping this group going. I hope it grows to be a great, active group.
Dan H
user 10246228
Victoria, BC
Post #: 2
I totally agree with Tracy. I've posted/lead a few hikes with the Victoria Outdoor Club, and I've had the same experience she describes: You just pick a trip you want to do, pick a date that's good for you, post it, and "they will come".