addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Toronto WordPress Group Message Board General Discussion › Wordpress within Programming Frameworks

Wordpress within Programming Frameworks

Jose G.
user 68088552
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
Hello all,

I've been think about this problem for a while and I haven't been able to come up with a convincing solution, so I thought of posting it in here and see what you guys think.

I'm currently running wordpress alongside an application that uses Zend Framework. All files (Wordpress and Zend) are being kept in GIT which can and have caused issues with wordpress sometimes. So the question/problem is:

What is the most efficient and methodologically correct way to work with an environment like this one?

Some of the ideas that I've been exploring are:

• Split the app in 2. (wordpress and Zend) and run them in the same or separate servers. keep wordpress core files out of GIT and only have wp-content in an individual repo.
  • Do not split the repo but take all wp core files out of GIT.

I don't really think there is right or wrong with this but there most be a better way to approach a situation like this one. What do you guys think?

Sasha B.
Toronto, ON
Post #: 5
What kind of problem do experience with WP and GIt?
Victor G.
user 42283162
Toronto, ON
Post #: 3
Hi Jose,

Unless you are keeping Zend and WP updated using git then why not keep them out of the repository altogether and just, as you suggest, only commit wp-content to git. Both Zend and WP have very useable update features so there are good reasons for not needing them to be in git.

So much depends on your deployment method too. If you're not using git to deploy changes to your production server then I would exclude wp-content/uploads and all other non-text files like images. Your repo will be much more manageable and changes to your code will be front and centre.