Kurt
user 11228519
Hyattsville, MD
Post #: 1
considers another man's activity to be his own good; and he who loves pleasure, his own sensations; but he who has understanding, considers his own acts to be his own good."

It strikes me that as we read these words two thousand years later, we have only the word of others as to who the author of this work, or any work, really is. The number if times that the the author mentions that credit for work form others is unimportant is a most elegant way to point out the genius of the philosophy, or art, that this piece holds. The author, has, in effect, removed even that last shred of boundary between the reader and the writer by this tactic In literature, the device normally used to accomplish the fullest entry into the readers mind is the use of the third person. I wonder if this was not done on purpose, to make the second person voice come into the readers head as his own.

I wonder, now, who actually wrote this piece. But not for long, for that is to miss the point of this work and its core theme, for I know who wrote this work, as i have been let into his mind in the most intimate of ways. I know the author very well.
What is in a name indeed ( after writing this, i am quite sure that <one of the> Shakespeare must have also read this book).