Washington, DC Lithuanian Language and Culture Meetup Message Board › New Experimental Music from Lithuania - TODAY!

New Experimental Music from Lithuania - TODAY! Sunday October 10, 5pm - Artisphere, Arlington, VA

Peter
user 7525814
Bethesda, MD
Labas!

I only found out about this free performance of Lithuanian experimental music today, too late to try to put a Meetup on the calendar for it.

Looks like an interesting set of performers (check out their home sites at the end of the email!)

Petras

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Artisphere Opens Today!

Join Sonic Circuits at the grand opening of Artisphere - Arlington's new multi venue arts space with series of free performances Sunday and Monday. All shows take in the Dome Theater.

Artisphere
1101 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA

Metro: Rossyln

FREE PARKING

For more information please visit dc-soniccircuits.org­

Sunday October 10, 5pm
New Experimental Music from Lithuania

Antanas Jasenka - electronics
Martynas Bialobzeskis - electronics
Annelisa Guries - violin
Matvei Sigalov - violin
Rebecca Steele - viola
Janel Leppin - cello

1. MARTYNAS BIALOBZESKIS - for viole (solo) , electronic & video (duration: 12 min)
“CD in C (D)” (2008)
One synthetic sound, the pitch of which – C, in this case – is altered in different mono tracks, using the most popular and common controllers (Filter, Overdrive, Cutoff , etc). Later on, an acoustic guest joins this synthetic company.

Martynas Bialobžeskis live electronics
video by Vacys Nevcesauskas

2. ANTANAS JASENKA & ANTANAS KUČINSKAS - string quartet, electornic and video (duration: 20 min)
"Out of Čiurlionis" for string quartet and live electronics (2007)

"...Out of Čiurlionis" by Antanas Jasenka and Antanas Kučinskas is an intriguing interactive game of sighs, gestures, video and textures with the string quartet and both composers on stage.

Antanas Jasenka live electronics
Martynas Bialobžeskis live electronics
video by Dziugas Katinas

3. ANTANAS JASENKA - Boarding Pass_electornic & video (duration: 13 min)

A. Jasenka about the work: My first idea was that this was a 'boarding pass' to nowhere. „Boarding Pass“ is an extension of my sonic atmospheres, based on parallel developments of different musical paths, rich of various combinations of sonic cuts, drills, drones and electroacoustic, digital manipulations, sometimes deeply immersive, although often evolving into intensive sound kaleidoscopes. The jet-man mythology appears in „Boarding Pass“, expanding recent sonic research, realized by complex sound investigations concerning the Man and the Machine.

In the other side i have frequency. We recognize the concept of frequency as the dynamics of processes. We can obtain the interrelation by applying frequencies and regulating them practically. This would mean that all our life is changing whenever we allow this process to develop in all directions simultaneously. This is the dynamics of the unspeakably fast information or events; everything is in action simultaneously. In other words, nothing is everything and everything is nothing... While working with electronic music or noise, i normally do not write scores - the very possibility to record sound in digital domain becomes the score..... I have chosen a sound which contains rhythm, form, and vibration. It is like a plane that can be considered to be a capsule of time storing everything that has been mentioned before...To me an artist is both a human being and a plane...

Antanas Jasenka live electronics
video by Dziugas Katinas

http://www.myspace.co...­
http://www.myspace.co...­
http://www.mic.lt/en/...­
Alexander S.
user 13000347
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
I recently joined your Meetup group thanks for the “heads up” on the experimental music from LT. It was definitely interesting, unusual, strange, peculiar, and bizarre all rolled into one. I enjoyed it.
Peter
user 7525814
Bethesda, MD
Post #: 65
Experimental is, well, experimental!

I'll to try to schedule some more musical events in the future, but definitely with more lead time next time!