We're meeting here.
Hey all, now that the weather is cooling down, let's get together for some Capture the Flag! Join us at Fort Reno Park (VERY close to Tenleytown Metro) and run around for a bit. We look forward to seeing you there! If you have any questions, please post in the comments.
Capture The Flag Rules
Two teams. Two territories. Two flags.
When captured you will be sent to your "respawn."
Don’t be a jerk, there is no prize in this game, except the Pretty Pink Invisible Unic sweet delicious cake.
Listen to the organizers/admins, their final ruling is Law.
Do not play in the neutral zone. This is a safe zone for the referees and non players to watch the game. You can come and take water as necessary, but do not run through the safe zone or Eric will suddenly appear and kick your ass.
Reddit CTF Rules
Courtesy of Matt Hartley
- Two sides of equal area split down the middle as a boarder between the sides; preferably a square/rectangular territory.
- The border must be clearly marked
- Territories can not extend indefinitely and "out of bound" lines must clearly be marked.
- "No Mans Land" is a foot in either direction of the dividing border.
- Jails or Re-Join areas must be clearly designated.
- A player can be tagged only when in an opposing team’s territory.
- Jail variations
- No Jail / Re-Join - When tagged in an opposing team’s territory the player walks with both hands raised up in the air and walk straight out of bounds. Players can only re-enter the game after entering a designated "Re-Join" area toward the far side of the territory away from the flag and border.
- Jail - A jail will be designated toward the far side of the territory away from the flag and border. If tagged in an opposing team’s territory the the tagged player raises both hands up the air and walk straight to the designated jail area.
- Jail Break - A player can free jailed players by tagging their team mates. When tagged a player is designated as free and has a free walk back to their territory. when free a player must raise both hands in air and walk straight to their territory. The jail does not provide a safety zone, and a Jail-breaker can be tagged at any time.
- Placement - The flagged must be placed in open area.
- Safety - There is a 3 foot safety Radius around the flag at all times.
- As soon as the flag has been picked up by the opposing team, the safety radius is dissolved
- Dropped Flag Variations
- if an opponent is tagged while trying to capture the flag the flag is dropped and the Safety radius is enacted for 60 seconds, before the flag can be returned to its starting position.
- The flag, after being dropped by a tagged player does not return to starting position, and the Safety radius does not dissolved until the flag is touched by an opposite
- Other - Flags can not be thrown during a capture attempted. Handing off of the flag to a teammate is allowed.
- The game is won only after the flag is captured.
- Once a flag is carried across the border the game is over.