The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons/RPG Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Pathfinder Group Seeks Player (Centreville)

Pathfinder Group Seeks Player (Centreville)

Casey P.
user 12750705
Centreville, VA
Post #: 7
Our group, 5 people consisting of a mix of newer gamers and veteran gamers has been playing D&D3.5/Pathfinder for nearly 2 years. Our newest campaign will be pure Pathfinder ran from the Rise of the Runelords adventure path. It will be run at my house in Centreville, near Sully Station off Westfields. My wife is bowing out of this campaign due to our new baby coming soon. Our group would prefer to stay at 5-strong so we're looking for a replacement.

This is a Pathfinder game, being played in Golarion with an overall experienced group, just not in Golarion. The group has chosen to play an arcane themed group this campaign. Something, however minor about your character (level 1) should have an arcane flare if you end up in the campaign. Many characters will be multi-classed. So far a crafter oriented cleric/wizard/theurge and gruff fighter/bard are the two known planned characters. The other two yet to be chosen. There's room for anything as I don' believe in forcing the old 'cleric-fighter-rogue-wizard' archetype.

What we're looking for in a player:
-Ability to relax and digress and joke - and get back on task/in character
-Just about any skill level, we'll bear with it if you're new and tolerate you if you're set in your ways
-sense of humor
-Food. If you love it, you're probably in the right place. We like food. And beer.
-love of role-play, getting in character enough that others don't feel ill at ease role-playing.
-for this campaign, please try to keep uber-metagaming and super duper player knowledge out of the game as much as you can to reinforce the role-play. We don't mind, and indeed encourage character optimization so you don' suck at your primary task, but people who take it overboard need not apply.
-loot whorism, should it afflict you, disqualifies you

Details on our game night:

Start: In 2-3 Weeks (we'll discuss)
Frequency: Weekly (it ends up being 2-3 weeks a month with schedule conflicts at times)
Day: Saturday
Time: Generally 4-11pm
Food: We tend to be social about the food, so most of the time people don't fend for themselves. Usually people bring food/dishes to share, or we cook for the group. Alternatively we make a food run to nearby restaurants.
Drinks: We have a gaming fridge in the basement, we do supply soft drinks, etc, but ask others help feed the fridge occasionally.
Kids: We have a toddler, and soon a baby so noise and interruptions are frequent
Pets: We have 2 cats. They avoid strangers, but if you are allergic and medication doesn't help, it's probably going to be unpleasant.
Mood: Relaxed, but we like to get back on to the role-play if it digresses way way too far.

Please e-mail me/PM me here. We'd probably like to meet a prospective player before the group says 'yea' or 'nay' on them. This allows prospective players to get a session in and evaluate us before saying yes as well.
Bob G.
user 11048660
Springfield, VA
Post #: 17
You had my interest until you said weekly. My availability is more like monthly. :(
Casey P.
user 12750705
Centreville, VA
Post #: 8
Doh! Sorry Bob. Still looking for a new player if anyone else is up to a Weekly game. We'll take anyone who can make the majority of the games as we have schedule conflicts that have us cancelling 1 and sometimes 2 sessions a month.
Roane W.
user 10693814
Arlington, VA
Post #: 13
Hey Casey, I'm interested, and live in Arlington. Summer is coming so there will be a few missed weekends I'm sure. But I like your rules and game atmosphere/philosophy. I also am a relaxed, humor-driven player, who is also passionate enough to take the story seriously enough to do a good job at staying in character. I just really get into an evolving storyline that I am apart of, which is one of the main reasons I like the game in the first place. Let me know if my location works for you. I've been to centreville, so I'm familiar with the drive and the distance. I've also played 4th Ed. and 3.5 a few times, so I'm not a total beginner.
Casey P.
user 12750705
Centreville, VA
Post #: 9
Hey Casey, I'm interested, and live in Arlington. Summer is coming so there will be a few missed weekends I'm sure. But I like your rules and game atmosphere/philosophy. I also am a relaxed, humor-driven player, who is also passionate enough to take the story seriously enough to do a good job at staying in character. I just really get into an evolving storyline that I am apart of, which is one of the main reasons I like the game in the first place. Let me know if my location works for you. I've been to centreville, so I'm familiar with the drive and the distance. I've also played 4th Ed. and 3.5 a few times, so I'm not a total beginner.

Roane,

Great timing! We're starting this weekend at 4pm on Saturday. If you'd like to roll a character and come by for the session and give it a try that'd be awesome. Both one of my players and I have Hero Lab with most current Pathfinder content and can crank out characters relatively quick before the session or this week if you roll stats and correspond with me about what you want. To get you started, I'll add you on facebook and invite you into the group. It's a secret group we use to coordinate the game sessions and share content from the DM. I've given out a primer on the area you're starting, and also the instructions for session one, and player inserts for certain knowledge checks.
Roane W.
user 10693814
Arlington, VA
Post #: 14
Awesome. Well, I had a Rogue character named Faustus, I think he died though....haha. That was a 4e rogue, so he was ridiculously good for no reason. Been kinda dreamin' up a barbarian/monk sorta muscular dude that looks tribal, if that turns on any lights in your head, and you don't mind me playin' a non-magic guy than I'm cool with that. Let me know, man! This weekend should be good, I hope nothing major pops up, but it looks pretty quiet so far...

Regards,
Roane
John
user 5138549
Reston, VA
Post #: 18
It is a shame you play on Saturdays, I already have a Saturday group. Otherwise your game sounds like a lot of fun and with good people. I hope your first game in this setting was a blast! Please keep me informed of future group details, just in case you ever lose someone, switch your schedule, or my other group goes belly up.