Jan 29, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Hear from experts in the wearable tech space. Get your hands on some of the latest wearable tech. Meet and mingle with others just as interested in this new space as you are. For our first event we've got the team from Kiwi Wearables, Shoplocket's Katherine Hague, Google Glass, Galaxy Gear and more. Drinks and food will be provided.
The Game Plan
1. Wearable Trends Coming out of CES 2014
Weren't able to make it to CES this year? Don't worry. Shoplocket CEO and Co-Founder Katherine Hague and Wearable App Review Co-Founder and tech writer Tom Emrich will be recapping the biggest trends and news coming out of CES for wearables this year.
UPDATE: Unfortunately Katherine is unable to attend this session. We are pleased to announce that TechCrunch writer, Darrell Etherington will be giving us an update on the TechCrunch Hardware Battlefield event that took place during CES.
2. Featured Wearable Tech Company: Kiwi Wearables
Toronto-based Kiwi Wearables is our first featured wearable tech company. The team will be coming in to talk about who they are and give a product demo. They will also be talking about their platform approach to wearables and the opportunities that come with this.
3. Drinks, Eats, Social & Hands-on with Wearable Tech
Tom will be bringing in his wearables for you to try out including Google Glass, Galaxy Gear and more. Drinks and food will also be served. This is a great chance to meet other people interested in wearables just like you!
Special Thanks goes out to:
• Heather Payne & Ladies Learning Code/HackerYou for letting us use their new space
• Katherine Hague of Shoplocket for her helping arrange the location and for speaking
• Ashley Beattie and the Kiwi Wearables team for being our first featured wearable tech