Achieving real performance on the web begins with realistic testing and an understanding of the application and it's infrastructure. Testing realistically and for real results across web & mobile applications means leveraging the cloud. Agile development processes, complex multi-tier architectures, and the potential for massive (and sudden) load all require a different approach than historical apps. Come hear from Soasta, the makers of the CloudTest platform and CloudTest Lite, about their experiences and why companies need to change their expectations about what "testing" means.
Dan Bartow is Vice President and CloudTest Evangelist at SOASTA, the leader in performance testing from the cloud. Prior to joining SOASTA he was Senior Manager of Engineering at Intuit, where his team was responsible for the speed and stability of TurboTax Online, the #1 rated, best-selling online tax software. Over the past decade he has been responsible for the speed and scalability of websites for such well-known brands as American Eagle Outfitters, AT&T, Best Buy, Finish Line, J.Crew, Neiman Marcus and Sony Online Entertainment, among others. Dan has set multiple industry precedents including launching the worlds largest stateful JBoss cluster and using over 2000 cloud computing cores to generate load against a live web site. Dan is a frequent industry presenter and has spoken at leading testing and cloud computing conferences such as Software Test & Performance (STP), O'Reilly's Web2.0 Expo, Amazon Web Services Road Show, and SYS-CON’s Cloud Computing Expo.
Cloud Testing Bill of Rights:
- The flexibility to generate load both internally and externally
- Cloud and internal load servers, unlimited VUs, self deployed or managed on demand
- The ability to build and modify complex tests within hours
- Support for dynamic web and mobile technologies and protocols
- AJAX, HTML5, Flash, FLEX (AMF), Silverlight, SOAP, REST, WFC
- Elastic, globally distributed test environment
- Minimum of 10 major metro locations supporting at least 10,000 VUs per location
- Dynamic and fully automated test grid provisioning
- Deploy, monitor and manage internal and external cross-cloud load generators on demand and within minutes
- Control test sessions to start, pause, stop, modify, re-start and analyze
- Pause the load, pause the ramp, fast stop, modify, edit tests and scenarios, supplement load on demand and restart as often as needed during a single session
- Single integrated view of performance and monitoring metrics
- Source, aggegate and correlate application, system, network & mobile device monitoring data on the same timeline directly from existing monitors such as CA (Wily) Introscope, IBM Tivoli, AppDynamics and Device Anywhere
- Rapidly isolate performance issues in real time at any scale
- Drill into TBs of correlated metrics during test sessions to identify issues spanning web page elements, network, load balancers, firewalls, web and application servers, databases, 3rd party services and CDNs
- Test platform that allows functional and load testing from lab to production
- Functional and performance test automation; test assets that easily transfer as environments change; easily integrated to build management systems; cross-project, cross-test reporting.
- Affordable enough for high iteration, everyday testing at Agile speeds
Street View: http://goo.gl/Yjs3U
6:30-7:15 Eat pizza and meet other members
8:15-9:00 Q&A, general socializing and more pizza eating