The Wellington Tramping Group Message Board › Outdoor First Aid Course (15-17 April) - last minute sign-ups needed!

Outdoor First Aid Course (15-17 April) - last minute sign-ups needed!

A former member
Post #: 3
Hey Folks

Some of you may have met me on a meetup with the Adventure group, and I come seeking willing first aiders!

Personally as an outdoor enthusiast, I believe having a level of competency with first aid scenarios is more important to us than ordinary folk, seeing we are far more likely to find ourselves in situations where if an accident was to occur, help may not be close to hand, and could still take hours to arrive even if we do have the means/ ability to raise the alarm.
I've been lucky so far, but if myself or colleague ever found myself in a situation requiring medical attention, I'd like to feel more prepared to deal with it effectively, so thought it was time to get my A into G and get on a course.

So... the Wellington Tramping and Mountaineering Club (WTMC) is running an outdoor first aid course (15 to 17 April), either leaving Fri night, or early Sat (yet to be confirmed) – so it'll be 1 or 2 nights camping/ hut.
By the way, I'm not a member of the club - but have really enjoyed the trips I've been on with them.

As I understand, it will be a tramp involving teaching instruction plus emergency scenarios. People who have done it before, said it was an excellent, practical course. Regarding cost I’m not sure yet but the bushcraft course they ran recently (great course too) was $30 and their tramps are $30-$50 depending on how much travel is involved.

Essentially we need a few more people signed up by Thursday to make it viable (at least 12 ppl) and there is around 9/10 at the moment. Otherwise it will get postponed to later this year.
I am super keen to do it, so am trying to help them find more people :)

If anyone is interested in signing up for this, then let please send an email to Donna Mayer (Donna.Maher[AT]vuw.ac.nz) by tomorrow (Wednesday).
Please note I've made a small attempt to protect her email from spammers!

Cheers
Jono