Ohio Valley Vegetarian / Vegan Meetup Message Board › Vote for Blackie and help the Animal Rescue League win $5,000!!!

Vote for Blackie and help the Animal Rescue League win $5,000!!!

Kim
user 3152577
Bethel Park, PA
Post #: 245
Hi Everyone,

I entered my Miracle Kitty, Blackie, in Animal Planet's Luckiest Pet in America Contest, and I would really appreciate it if you would vote for him! He's all black, so it's a great way to promote how amazing black kitties are, but more than that, he's my miracle, and his story inspires everyone that hears it.

Blackie had surgery to remove a luxated lens from his right eye on July 9th. He was very limp and lethargic the following day. He had three heart attacks that day. The first occurred minutes after arriving at he vets office. His body temp was a deadly 90 degrees, his pulse ox was 30%, and he was on a vent. We had to get him up to PVSEC -- an amazing veterinary hospital north of Pittsburgh, PA (USA), however it was a 45 min .drive and we had to see if Blackie would survive off of the vent. He made it 20 min and then quit breathing and had another heart attack. Euthanasia was suggested after he was revived, as he was most likely brain dead. But, I had nothing to lose, so we made the trip anyways.

We hit construction.... We would have made it if we didn't hit construction. The third heart attack occurred in my arms, in the car. We arrived at the hospital with Blackie in full arrest. It took almost 20 minutes to revive him, and again euthanasia was suggested. The lack of oxygen caused permanent blindness, although he was completely functional when I brought him home one week later. We had to remove both of his eyes in December due to very painful glaucoma, and it has completely transformed him! Not only is he functional, but his Kitty IQ is off the charts! Please vote for my Miracle Kitty and help spread the word about black cats, blind cats, and faith. Faith that our furbabies are strong and resilient, and that we should believe in them, even against all odds.

Voting begins today, February 21st (USA) and ends March 18th. Please vote for Blackie every day! If we win, the Animal Rescue League in Pittsburgh, PA will receive a $5,000 donation on behalf of Blackie and I'll receive a $500 giftcard to Petco, and I could really use that!

Thank You!
-Kim and Blackie

http://petfinderlucki...­
Lindsay
user 10964086
Group Organizer
Wheeling, WV
Post #: 64
I have a black cat, too. Thank you for the heads up.