Willamette Earth Based Spirituality Message Board › What do YOU want to do?

What do YOU want to do?

elan
user 10385863
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 124
What would you like to see happen with the WEBS group?love struck
We have been doing a lot of things. Many are not well attended.shock
So what are some new and different ideas?wink
What can you offer?tongue
What would you like to learn?confused
What is your ideal Pagan/Shamanic/Earth Based group like? cool
How does it run? What do they do?biggrin
Let's get a discussion going!devilish

elan
user 10385863
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 130
Really no one wants to do anything? Come on I know that you are all more creative than that. Think of something that would be fun to do as a community. Something that you and your family would find worthwhile, educational or just plane fun. You don't necessarily have to facilitate it just come up with ideas.
I would but my head hurts, I've been doing it so long.
A former member
Post #: 6
This may sound silly, but how about a get together without any planned activity? Just everyone bring a snack or such to share, and get to socialize? The planned activities are great, but don't allow much room to really get to simply chat with each other. If this could be done somewhere like the church where people can mill around it would be better IMO than a restaurant setting. The restaurants kind of constrict you to talk only to the people sitting closest to you.
A former member
Post #: 2
I personally like the idea of a "topic" because I'm not coming to the groups just to meet people, but to discuss my spiritual beliefs. I think the only criticism I have of the couple things I've been to, has been kind of a lack of focus, even though there was a topic. My personal needs (since you asked ;)) in a group like this, would be to learn something new, from people with more or different experience than me, and a topic really helps with that. I'm not sure what I would like to see in the next one, but some ideas for ones could be, talking about the phases of the moon, the wheel of the year, magical herbs and other magical talismans, symbolism, raising a cone of energy, grounding, meditating as spell work, spell work in general, etc. Just my 2 cents! :)
elan
user 10385863
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 148
I actually like the idea of an occasional get together with no agenda. Maybe once a quarter. Once the weather warms up out in the park would be fun. Or if someone would open their house (I might once I get my Fire Goddess done, until then she is kinda filling up the whole space) Let's talk. I think this would be a great chance to discuss one on one or in groups more personally about our spirituality.

Amanda we are offering 5 or more times a month for focused work. The topic has been picked by group consensus. Whoever chooses to lead kind of sets the tone for how formal things are, and I'm just not a formal kind of person in general. The class on Basic Ritual (Sat) will be more formal and focused than the "hands on" divination. Grace will be leading the discussion group on Sunday about Chakras and auras.
A former member
Post #: 4
I like the topics. Gives me structure and focus to really learn something. And, share, when appropriate. I think a blend of meetings like this -- topics, focus, practice -- with things like the Great Flying Sphaghetti Monster -- are good. Even though I missed the potluck, I know there'll be more. I feel like we socialize during the focused topic meetings. I would like to see off shoots, which there are I know. Like a group that plays that Tarot game we played a couple of weeks ago. For those who want to, get together and do that once a month or whatever. I'd love that.

But for the Sunday afternoon meetings, I like the topic of the day, with focus, practice, etc.
elan
user 10385863
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 150
I think our next Full moon Ritual will be a let's get to know each other event. Heavy on the socializing, lite on the Ritual aspect. What does everyone think? Any ideas on how to do that?
A former member
Post #: 1
I think our next Full moon Ritual will be a let's get to know each other event. Heavy on the socializing, lite on the Ritual aspect. What does everyone think? Any ideas on how to do that?
Sounds great, look forward to it!
Michael
user 36077002
Oakridge, OR
Post #: 32
All inclusive music kick-it for part of the time anyone?. . .
Thought we possibly could incorporate a few games with music too.

Peace and Love To Us All,
Michael and his Cat Still The Bed Hog Harley
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm SO bummed I missed the ritual and class! I've been very ill since the flying spaghetti monster. I really hope I can make it to whatever's going on this weekend.
I also like the idea of a mix of structure and socialization. That seems fairer for those of you who may be further along in your path and maybe don't want to instruct all the time. ;)