add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Wise Free Thinkers and Skeptics Message Board › Shit Jehova's Witensses say about you when they visit

Shit Jehova's Witensses say about you when they visit

Ken H.
Decatur, TX
Post #: 72
Ever have one of them knock on your door? Think it's just a harmless visit from a fruitcake? Go to http://www.skepticmon...­ and be amazed and forewarned! They should be required to wear a flashing red light on their heads!
A former member
Post #: 1
This is what I do, let them ramble for a few minutes, after theyre done. Ask them "so how much do I owe you?"

be amazed at their responses LOL
user 67912032
Decatur, TX
Post #: 1
Personally, Ken, I don't appear to feel as you do - I look forward to their coming and find myself disappointed that once they've called on me, I can never get them to return. I use their visits to hold my own impromptu Bible Study, providing them with information to which they would never have access on their own. I explain how the Gospels, the only four books written by anyone who implied they were eye-witnesses to the life, death, and resurrection of Yeshua - (his actual name, Jesus was only a Greek translation) - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, were all written anonymously, by people who couldn't possibly have been there, that Matthew and Luke copy Mark, sometimes word for word, and John contradicts much of what the first three say, and that it wasn't until c.250 AD, that those names were arbitrarily assigned as being the authors of the books, by clergy who had no idea who actually wrote them. As this is what I do at­, I can easily quote chapter and verse.

And I always accept their "Watchtower," as it provides me with valuable information I can use for my next lesson plan. I have fun and they learn - win/win! My only concern, is that one of the things they've learned, is not to come back --
Ken H.
Decatur, TX
Post #: 78
Good on ya'; however, I cannot possible assemble the patience for their line of mindless mumbo-jumbo and jibber-jabber, makes me crazy.
Gretchen B.
user 12046956
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 9
I have seen this before. Although I find it somewhat annoying, it is similar to the information we gathered for clients as PIs and charged by the hour, back in the day. They do it for free and buy their own gas.
The JWs have dropped by exactly 3 times in 12 yrs. Maybe our house is part of the training module. .. 'If you live through this woman, you get the merit badge...' or some such.
One JW woman actually walked inside my house and spoke to me while I was on the computer. I hope she still has the imprint of the garden rake on the seat of her coat. Another woman ran up on my porch and continued talking as if we had been having a conversation for several minutes.
As annoying as these people are, I have to say the tracts on the front door... 'Could you be going to hell?' (church of christ) was a bit offensive. The first couple of yrs in our present home were much more missionary intense. The JWs have not visited in a couple of yrs. We are probably due. ;}