addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

"With an Open Mind" Discussion Group Message Board › Weekend Meetings

Weekend Meetings

Vernon
VernonC
Group Organizer
Colorado Springs, CO
Some of you have expressed an interest in having a meeting on the weekend. I'm open to the idea, but I suspect attendance might be lower than for a weeknight meeting. I'm therefore considering the idea of scheduling a "test case" weekend meeting . My idea is to address the same topic as was (or will be) addressed at the nearest scheduled weeknight meeting and give people a chance to attend the meeting that is the more convenient for them.

If it develops that there is a clear preference, by MOST people, for weekend meetings, we can make that our regular meeting time. If, as I suspect, we instead have some who could regularly attend weeknight meetings and others who could regularly attend weekend meetings, and we have a large enough number of people in each group, I'm not averse to having two meetings per topic.

If I were to schedule a meeting on Saturday, April 12th, from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM, probably in my home in the Rockrimmon area, at which we would address "The (Not So) Golden Rule" (see the web site for a more complete write up), would you be able to participate? Would you COMMIT to participating? Do you know of others who, at your invitation, might join us for such a meeting?

Sincerely,

Vernon
A former member
Post #: 349
My husband works two weeks on/two weeks off, and I need him to take care of our son. So there is a 50/50 chance that I could make it. smile
A former member
Post #: 282
Depending on the location, there is a near 100% chance that I would make it to weekend meetings.

I would have to hope for the best in getting someone else to go with me.