Want to learn how to build your own website? Interested in learning to program but want to start small? This class is for all of you!
We will guide you through the basics of HTML and CSS, give you some readily-applicable skills, and answer any questions you may have along the way.
This 4-class HTML/CSS course runs for four Tuesdays . Here are the class dates:
- Class 1, HTML Basics: Tuesday, September 6th 6:30-8:30pm
- Class 2, Introduction to CSS: Tuesday, September 13th
- Class 3, CSS Positioning and Page Layout: Tuesday, September 20th
- Class 4, Tips, Tricks, and Common Web Layouts: Tuesday, September 27th
If you do not have a laptop, please email [masked] so we can try and secure a loaner for you.
If you are bringing your own laptop, we ask that you install the following on it prior to class:
- Aptana, a web development tool. *NOTE* If you are on a Mac and are running OS 10.4, Aptana requires at least OS 10.5. A free alternative you can use instead is Komodo Edit, but don't download it until the day of class as it's only a 30 day trial.
Also, please install either Chrome, Safari, or Firefox + Firebug:
- Firebug, a Firefox extension with a plethora of tools handy in web development
- Firefox browser
This course will take place at Harold Washington Library, which is near the Blue,Red,Green,Brown, and Orange line trains.
Please note the refund policy: Your payment of $80 guarantees your seat in the entire course. If something changes after registration and you cannot attend the course, you must notify CGD at least 3 days before the first class to receive a refund. If you have to miss a class, we will provide code from class and any slides, but we do not offer partial refunds based on individual class absences.
Note: This class is a modified version of the open courseware created by Girl Develop IT