Chicago Women Developers Message Board Chicago Women Developers Forum › First and Foremost... what do we call GDI members

First and Foremost... what do we call GDI members

Melissa P.
MelissaFierce
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
I'm not that fond of the term "Nerdette" but, it's what the Girl Develop IT Mother Ship Calls it's members. Chicago women are just a little less nerdette and more kick asserist - but that's terrible. So, I leave it to you wise women of the interwebs, what would you call yourselves as members of this newly formed Chicago group?
A former member
Post #: 2
I've been thinking for a week about this and although I'm not considered a "nerd" yet (I'm more of a geek, but I'm getting there, leveling up slowly but surely), I've been thinking of other ways that you want your group to be called. You can just call it GDI members. That would be the easiest way but also the plainest.

How about Savvy Gals? Or Savvy City Gals? Or Savvy Urbanites? Especially since the people joining up are so diverse it might make more sense to call us Savvy than a nerd. I tried to think of a word play with Chicago but that's such a weird word. Anyways, that's all I got. ^_^;