WordPress Chapel Hill Message Board › WordPress Chapel Hill Update

WordPress Chapel Hill Update

Anthony Zeoli
tonyzeoli
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well and for those of you at UNC, getting ready to enjoy the summer break, now that classes are over and seniors are moving on into the workforce!

What's happening in the world of WordPress? Well, two big things that I can think of. First, WordCamp NYC is coming up on June 9th and 10th in New York City. If you haven't been to a WordCamp in NYC, then you're certainly missing out on one of the largest, most active WordPress user groups in the country, if not the world. I am planning on attending. Most likely flying out in the early morning of the 9th and returning on Sunday night. If anyone else is planning on going, would love to hear from you and we can possibly meet up there.

On another note, WordPress creator, Matt Mullenweg, is working on simplifying WordPress for mobile. Here's a recent post on the PaidContent blog about Matt's plans for making WordPress easier to use on mobile devices: http://paidcontent.or...­.

Lastly, I am no longer a resident of Chapel Hill. I moved to Winston-Salem on Friday, after 1.5 years spent on the hill. While I may no longer reside in Chapel Hill, I am certainly going to work to keep WordPress Chapel Hill active over the coming months. What I need from the community is this:

1. More active participation in the group list serve. Any of you can go to MeetUp.com and post an email to the group to ask a question, give advice, or just mention something you've been thinking about regarding WordPress. Our meetup mailing list is simply dead and I'd like to change that. This is a great resource that you can use to connect with each other, so please post and post often.

2. I am looking for help organizing the next meetup, which means that I'd love to find a co-organizer. As co-organizer, you can help to arrange and post upcoming meetups. Given my new location, I could surely use a hand. So, get in touch!

3. Lastly, Karen McElfresh at UNC has been absolutely lovely and gracious in getting us access to the UNC Health Sciences Library, where we've been holding our meetups. I just want to thank her publicly for her interest and support. That being said, I'd like to plan the next Meetup for Monday, June 11 at 6:00 pm. We're going to talk about how Melibee Global is using WordPress, Cart66 (a WordPress shopping cart), and GoToMeeting by Citrix to run her International Education Consulting business. I think you'll learn a lot about how Melibee is leveraging WordPress to communicate with her audience and build a International Education consulting business - all powered by WordPress!

Get in touch with me if you have any comments, want to help and get involved, or have any pressing WordPress questions.
Vanessa McVay
user 13188092
Chapel Hill, NC
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hi Tony,
Is this how we should post to the group? or is there an email only option?