WordPress Interactive Training
Get much needed expert advice, help, and Interactive Training for WordPress!
Everybody loves WordPress! No matter what level of WordPress user you are, everyone needs to learn more about how to use WordPress plugins, themes, and techniques to enhance their website or blog!
We also provide Social Media & Marketing tips and Small Business Operations 'best practices' advice along the way!
Just like our name says, the purpose of this group is to provide valuable WordPress Training in an interactive setting to anyone already using WordPress or interested in learning more about WordPress.
Interactive WordPress Training will be provided by a WordPress Expert, usually via web conference, and sometimes in a face-to-face group setting. (We're still looking for a good venue for face-to-face meetups...please suggest your ideas).
We'll make sure that each session is interactive, allowing questions from participants throughout the training, and showing actual live examples of how to do what you need.
There are plenty of videos, books, and websites geared towards WordPress already available, but from our experience what most people need is hands-on interaction with WordPress while being showed how to do something specific to their needs.
Whatever format we use we will always have an open forum where you can ask questions and get answers to specific issues that will instantly help you with your WordPress website and your business.
What you will learn:
- WordPress Tips & Techniques
- WordPress Platform & Dashboard (customization and best related plugins)
- WordPress Plugins (best free and commercial/premium plugins to use)
- WordPress Themes (best free and commercial/premium themes to use & theme customization)
- Pages, Posts, Custom Post Types, Post Formats (and best related plugins)
- Page Templates & Page Layouts (and theming)
- Media Management: Images (optimizing, uploading, editing, replacing) , Video, Links (and best related plugins)
- SEO Search Engine Optimization (and best related plugins)
- Social Media Integration & Cross-Syndication (and best related plugins)
- Ecommerce (and best related plugins)
- Featured Content Sliders (and best related plugins)
- Users & User Roles (and best related plugins)
- CSS Cascading Style Sheets (and best related plugins)
- WordPress Multisite (and best related plugins)
- Membership Sites (and best related plugins)
- Image Galleries (and best related plugins)
- Gravity Forms Configuration (conditional fields, auto-responders, email routing, and addon plugins)
- WordPress for Mobile & iPad (and best related plugins)
- Using WordPress as a CMS (Content Management Sytstem)
- Migrating Your Site (to another server or web host)
- Responsive/Adaptive Design
- Website Optimization
- Advertising (and best related plugins)
- Converting a WordPress.com Blog to a WordPress.org Website/Blog
- Marketing Techniques
- WordPress Hosting (best web host providers & what to watch out for)
- Upgrades/Upgrading WordPress Core & Plugins
- Troubleshooting Problems
And more! (suggest a topic)
This is a national group, not specific to any region. This group is for:
- WordPress Users from Beginning to Advanced.
- Website Designers using WordPress.
- Those wanting to learn more about WordPress.
- Those wanting to know the best plugins to use for this or that.
- Businesses, Organizations, and Individuals using WordPress.
- Serious Bloggers.
- Those considering moving over to WordPress from another CMS or blogging system.
The Interactive WordPress Training meetup group is mainly for WordPress users...teaching WordPress to business owners, website managers, and serious bloggers who want to go deeper.
Although it would probably be helpful for beginning level developers, it's not meant to be a web developer training (I don't expect to get into developing themes, plugins, APIs and such). This group is less about custom coding and WordPress 'hacks', and more about what you can do with WordPress with off-the-shelf plugins and themes.
We will teach on how to configure and customize themes and configure plugins, and which ones are best to use based on your needs and requirements (the best plugins to use for the particular topic at hand will be covered extensively in almost every training). We focus on off-the-shelf plugins and themes so you don't need to be a programmer!
There will definitely be good WP tips and tricks, and marketing and social media tips!
This group will really grow and take off, and we have even gone national...we have folks from several states, so get in early!
WHERE / WHEN
This is a national group not limited to a specific geographical region since most of our meetups will be virtual. Please check our meetups for locations and times.
Most of our meetups will be ' virtual ', held via web conference so that it is more convenient and so that more people (up to 26 per session) can attend, and without geographic limitations.
NOTE: All event times are Denver MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) or MST (Mountain Savings Time).
For the occasional face-to-face meetups we'll wait to pick a venue that will work well once we see how many people we need to support (most likely it will be either downtown Denver, or the West or Southwest areas of Denver). We will probably need a venue that will support about 20-30 people.
Some of our meetings/trainings will be free, some of our meetings/trainings will involve a small cost ($3 to $24) to cover our time and resources for preparing, presenting, and sharing our valuable WordPress Expertise.
We don't charge a Membership Dues, so you are free to join and get in on the discussion, and then only RSVP for the training topics that interest you.
- Personalized WordPress Training is available for one-on-one or group-based WordPress Training by-the-hour for those that have specific needs such as a particular in-depth topic, feature, or technique they need to learn (like ecommerce, membership, social media, or anything). This is especially useful for WordPress newbies wanting the fast track to learning WordPress.
- Priority WordPress Technical Support is available for troubleshooting and fixing problems with your WordPress website.
- Don't forget that you can post questions or issues you are having on the Discussions page of this group, someone within the group may be willing to offer some advice...that way everyone can benefit from the discussion and provide input.
If you have any other suggestions to help improve the group, just get in touch with the Organizer or post your ideas here.
Co-organizers & Guest Trainers Wanted!
If you are an Advanced or Expert WordPress user (or Marketing/Social Media) and want to get more involved in this group by planning or presenting, or partnering in any other way, we welcome your participation!
When we have Guest Speakers/Trainers the group Organizer plays the role of the Host & Moderator by doing the intros, asking questions along the way, and interjecting some advice...all to keep it interactive. It works great for all involved.
You get to give a 3 minute commercial about your company and services while showing your website during the web conference, and give out your contact info for follow-up.
You'll also earn a small commission on the training. We typically charge a small fee on most of our trainings, anywhere from $3 to $24. As a Guest Trainer you earn 25% of the final funds of whatever we collect, and you'll be paid via Paypal within 3 days after the training. It won't be much, but something.
Thanks, and I hope to see you in an upcoming training soon!
WordPressInteractiveTraining.com - Founder/Organizer
SiteSubscribe.com - Founder/Principal
MileHighMarketing.com - Founder/Principal
Not affiliated with WordPress, WordPress.com, WordPress.org, the WordPress Foundation, or Automattic.