Let's talk about our favorite plugins. Our host will start by walking through recommended/favorite plugins that he uses on just about every website.
Update 12/11: I really want to hear from you guys as to what your favorite plugins are, so please come prepared to share a few with us.
I'll share some of my plugin recommendations, but rather than me doing all the talking we'll have more of a focus on letting other members share their favorite plugins, and ask questions.
We will definitely spend time allowing each participant to share some of their favorite plugins with us, so please have a few in mind that you can share with us.
This training will be a non-formal and interactive discussion and walk-through of recommended plugins by our host and then by our members...best of all it's FREE! (donations accepted)
- What you will learn:
- √ Best plugins to use for every website you build or own.
- √ Best plugins to use for specific features like sliders, galleries, etc.
- √ What plugins others in the group suggest as their favorites.
(Coverage of outline topics subject to change based on time constraints.)
- FREE for this event! (if you benefit from this training please consider donating via Paypal to donations[at]milehighmarketing.com)
- RSVP required for web conference info.
- Space is limited to 26 attendees.
This meetup listing will contain the latest date/time information.
Duration: Approximately ~1 hour.
Due to the generality of the topic we have tentatively set this event up to repeat this topic a few times per year.
This meetup will be virtual (see note below). Sign up for this event to receive web conference and call-in information prior to the meeting.
NOTE: We are also open to meeting in person on occasion if you know of a good place that would support a 40" LCD and a group of 10 - 20 people (like a restaurant with a back room). Please suggest a possible venue for in-person meetups!
Our host has catalogued (and in many cases used) over 3,500 plugins, so he is qualified to recommend the right plugin for the right job.
Sure there are tons of online videos that show all sorts of WordPress plugins...but our experience has shown us that people learn best when they can start with the right plugin, and watch a real-time example and ASK QUESTIONS, and get real-life answers and examples from knowledgable WordPress Experts to help them with the things they have no experience with or are struggling with.
This training is for anyone who has a website and:
- Wants to use the right plugin for the job to get the features they want.
- Wants to learn what plugins others suggest using.
3 out of 10
Topics covered will typically be Beginning to Intermediate level.
Are you an advanced WordPress user? Then why not get in touch with me and maybe we'll figure out a way that you can jump in and help with some of the training? I'm always looking for Trainers and Co-Trainers.
CANCELLATIONS & WAITING LIST
- First come first served, limited availability.
- We will have a waiting list, so RSVP even if the event is full so you can be notified if someone else can't make it and a spot becomes open.
All trainings are subject to being video recorded, and we even suggest you record them for your own purposes. We reserve the right to retain full ownership of any recordings made by us. By participating in a training you agree to our terms and conditions and consent to use of videos at our discretion.
Event Proudly Sponsored by:
Managed WordPress Hosting
BUILD + HOST + MAINTAIN + SUPPORT + PROMOTE