This will be the first meeting of the DC Renewable Energy & Climate Change group. We'll gather at
Java Green Cafe (
powered by wind energy!) to share our interests in the topics and discuss what we'd like to get out of the group. Currently, less than 8% of the energy the United States consumes comes from renewable energy, while over 85% comes from fossil fuels which produce significant carbon emissions. Most renewable energy sources produce little or zero carbon emissions.
Using renewable energy on a wide-scale would effectively solve the climate change crisis the Earth faces today. Let's explore how! The DC Renewable Energy & Climate Change Group will explore how we can make this leap possible, by:
- Exploring ways for you to start using renewable energy and lower your "carbon footprint" today, regardless of your living arrangements
- Participating in exclusive presentations by non-profit staffers at various renewable energy and climate change non-profits around DC
- Going on organized field trips to places like wind farms, solar panel factories, and biofuel refineries
- Promoting local community events related to renewable energy and climate change
- Hanging out with other DC environmentalists at eco-friendly locations
Please, come join us ... and invite a friend, colleague or next door neighbor to come too!