Write Together Message Board › Double and Triple bookings in March

Double and Triple bookings in March

Tara B.
user 22566091
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone!

I've recently been host to quite a few meeting in Angel as there aren't many meetups in this area.

It's really nice when people turn up, but if it's just me, at least I got some writing done.
I don't think a host should ever take it personally. It all about being in the right location at the right time.

I like being about to post meetings on the days I'm free and see what happens.

I think it's a good idea to label the regular meets though, for people who want to meet a big group. Mine may never be regular as I never know what work might throw at me. :)

IDEA: Perhaps each host should mail their own unattendees after a meeting, politely remiding them to un-rsvp if they can't make it. Perhaps encourage them to get the meetup phone app which would make doing this on-the-go easier for them.

This is such a great group. It is the only reason I'm confident of making my deadline in April.

Let's keep it fun!

Writerly love to all!

A former member
Post #: 3
So Joao,

what have we decided then?

There has been so much long replies going back and forth, could you clarify how you would like us to proceed, come to solution and then lets end this discussion.

It would help if this was done short bullet point sentences just to make it clear.

My last suggestions and comments are:

- I think meetups too close to each other and running at the same time should alternate.

-I think the Sunday one I organise and lawrence+Tray's write up are quite a distance apart so its fine, we can carry as we are.

I have to say I am not keen official write-ups.

Regards,

Ibz
Joao
user 6301147
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 28
Hi everyone,

This has been a good discussion. Thanks for contributing :o)

* NEW RULES
The final decision is NO new rules regarding limits, periods or zones. Hosts can plan events for any time and any place that suits them. Members attend whichever ones they wish. Very democratic.

Just don't do meets in the same place at the same time. That's just silly.

* TRY NEW THINGS
I like that hosts are suggesting ways to alternate, spread apart, combine efforts, cross promote etc. I don't know which of these will or won't work. You are free to try with others. There will be no rule for this. I will leave it up to you to organise with the relevant host(s).

* REGULAR EVENTS
We will try this. Regular events need to be reliable and well presented. They must be at the same time and place each week. They need to have two hosts (primary & secondary) in case one can't show. The title needs to be something punchy, easy to remember. I'm thinking animal names, like "2hrs writing: Piccadilly Panthers". I don't know exactly, but it's a reference people can use to mean that specific meetup. If the repeating event meets all these criteria, then I will feature it and mention it in the welcome email to new members. Message me to apply.

Cheers,
Joao
Tania D
ChroniclesoTania
London, GB
Post #: 13
Thanks Joao and everyone.

I'd probably stick to 'West London Writers' as a name and make it a regular weekly meeting.

Tania