Young Adults Message Board › a few suggestions for organizers of meetups

a few suggestions for organizers of meetups

Pierre L.
user 39817002
Calgary, AB
Post #: 8
When organizing meetups, because of a few emails I've received recently I'd suggest the following:

-organizer provides cell for latecomers or lost people and keeps it on and perhaps having a second contact available in case of batteries dying or whatever

-choose a clear hard to miss, easy to find landmark as the initial meetup point

-times the organizer is committed to being present at the meetup for contact's sake

-if it's a crowded venue, wearing something obvious or having an item at the table that will identify the group or else at a pub or something having the host of the establishment aware of where to send people.

I know I've had issues myself where I just couldn't get in touch with people or find them in a crowded festival for instance. It sucks to take the time to go out and you're left high and dry so organizers please try to be good hosts, especially for first timers who may get put off by poor organization. If it's your event take some ownership for it.

PL
Steve
user 21205271
Group Organizer
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
My Cell number is 403-831-6935 if anyone needs me.