addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The OC Young, Fun and Nerdy Meetup Message Board Young, Fun and Nerdy Topics › Renaissance Faire Anyone?

Renaissance Faire Anyone?

Erin
user 11520134
Costa Mesa, CA
Post #: 2
Would anyone be interested in going to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire in Irwindale?

Here's a description:

"Where all the Faire's a Stage, and Fantasy Rules the Land...!"
Explore and take in the sites and sounds of our exotic port town. Boldly join in the play or quietly stroll the merry lanes of the Faire. Your visit is sure to be an experience that you'll treasure forever.
Cheer on a band of battling knights!
Meet our new Lady Mayor and help her choose a husband.
Haggle with an English fishwife!
Flirt with a lovely wench or dashing young rogue!
Join Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth I on a grand visit to an amazing 16th century Faire!
The fun and celebration has just begun!
Swashbuckling Heroes, merry Minstrels, dazzling Daredevils, Dancers, Jugglers, and hundreds of Colorful Characters fill our twelve stages and bustling streets bringing you non-stop entertainment throughout the day.

It runs from April 10 - May 23, 2010
Saturdays & Sundays 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

If we buy the tickets in advance I think we get a discount. Otherwise they are $25 at the door. It's a lot of fun (I've gone the last two years in a row with my co-workers). There's no need to dress up (although lots of people do).

Here's a website for more information: http://renfair.com/so...­
A former member
Post #: 13
sounds interesting. I'll need a guide throughout though as I missed my 8th grade history field trip to the place and am a foreigner to these distant lands of Irwindale.
A former member
Post #: 6
I went all the time a couple of years ago. Lots of wenches with their wares hanging out, knights, jesters and peasants. It's like you've been dropped in a renaissance village for a day. A lot of people come dressed up. Although sometimes they are not dressed in renaissance gear. It's a lot of fun and the people watching is great. I'm in!
Erin
user 11520134
Costa Mesa, CA
Post #: 3
Cool, people answered! How do I make this an idea? Do I have to make it an idea for it to be under consideration to become an event?
Erin
user 11520134
Costa Mesa, CA
Post #: 4
Nevermind, now I see the idea tab *hits head*.
A former member
Post #: 6
If it doesn't become an official event I'm going to the RenFair on May 1st, it's a Swashbuckling Day!
A former member
Post #: 17
is this still happening?