Zeitgeist Seattle Message Board › Change is in the air...

Change is in the air...

Mike H.
thatmikehinesguy
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Hi All,

I have just made a bunch of people in the group event coordinators. You have always been able to suggest meetups, but this will make it easier for people to set them up directly. Please let me know if you're interested and aren't already set up. I just set everyone I remember being decently interested and/or active, but I may have missed someone, and you may be interested in setting things up even though you haven't made it out. Please let me know!

If you didn't see the comments on the event tonight, I'm moving internationally in a little over 2 weeks (to Malta, to take a job there). I will probably continue to help with this for a while, but if anyone is interested in fully taking it over, that would be awesome. Mostly it is just about paying the dues. I can't remember what they are, but I'll find out. If nobody feels comfortable or is interested in doing that personally, we could try to set up a donations thing or something. I'll still pay it for a little while, but I'll probably end up taking up similar types of costs in my new home ;)

I'd love to have more people setting up events. The Occupy movement is very much in the vein of a lot of the interests of the Zeitgeist Movement, so there is a lot of buzz and interest in these subjects. The event tonight really showed me just how wide-spread the civic base is getting on the subjects.

Please let me know if you have any questions about setting up events or anything with the site!

Best,

Mike