addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Zürich English Speaking Group Message Board › Expatriation Process

Expatriation Process

A former member
Post #: 2
Hello,

I recently read a detailed and thorough article about the expatriation process from the USA. One of the things that stood out was the fact that you have to show up at your renunciation hearing with a second passport. Depending on the country the process to get that second passport can take a very long time. I read elsewhere that naturalization in Switzerland takes at least 12 years but I could not determine whether or not one had to be naturalized in order to get a Swiss passport.

I'd love to hear details/facts regarding other's expatriation process from the US (or elsewhere) to Switzerland.

What does one have to do to get a Swiss passport? Can anything be achieved by obtaining a work visa?

Thanks for your time!

Joe