Announcing a new Meetup for Zurich Hike & Outdoor!
What: Free Cross Country Course in Studen SZ - ALL LEVELS
When: January 23,[masked]:15 AM
in front of Ticket counter, underneath the big weird angel hanging from the ceiling
Here goes a superb idea for doing something else than alpine skiing for the Winterdays: Cross Country Course in the beautiful region of Studen SZ, near Einsiedeln. This is for all levels, beginners or advanced and the best thing is that it is for FREE!
Here is a website of the event:http://www.swissnordic.ch/day/index.html
Even though the official language is in German, last year we had a trainer who talked to us in English. So the language should not be an impediment to join this event.
The course will be on the Saturday, the 23rd of January from 14:00 to 16:00. Take this into consideration when registering as described below:
The ones that want to join, please sign up for BOTH this meetup website and on the Registration Website of the Swissnordic Event:http://swissnordic.cygro.ch/snd/
Sidenote: as I'm typing this text I'm trying to register myself into the webpage, however I don't get to complete it for some technical reason.
1) On the registration form, you will be asked to fill in some fields regarding the type of cross-country skies you would like to rent out. The type "Klassik" is the simplier one where you go on tracks, while "Skating" you go similar like Rollerblading".
2) The time limit to register on the Swissnordic Registration Website closes one week before the event!
3) Please note that although the course is free, you rent the ski material for about CHF 20.-
To bring along:
- as this is not skiing, it is preferred more flexible and lighter clothes, like you would go for jogging in the snow, but of course always bring something more warmer with you. There are facilities to change clothes.
- Gloves, Glasses (very important!) and hat (I learned that I have to mention these obvious items)
- Water, tee, or hot chocolate.
The train schedule is as follows:
Z?rich HB ab 10:38 53 S[masked] S-Bahn, Linie 2
W?denswil an 11:01 3B
W?denswil ab 11:04 1 S[masked] S-Bahn, Linie 13
Einsiedeln an 11:27
Einsiedeln, Bahnhof ab 11:35
BUS 107 Bus
Studen SZ, D?rfli an 11:57
Since we arrive at 11:57 (no later connection is possible) and the course does not start until 14:00, we will look for a place to sit down and have something small to eat, then around 13:30 go to the rental place and get our skies.
Studen SZ, D?rfli ab 18:02 BUS 116
Einsiedeln, Bahnhof an 18:25
Einsiedeln ab 18:30 S13
W?denswil an 18:54 1
W?denswil ab 18:58 2 S2
Z?rich HB an 19:22 52
Here again, the bus that leaves from Studen is every 2 hours. Hence, we will warm up again with hot chocolate and soup until 18:02.
Hope to see you then!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/Zurich-Hike-Outdoor/calendar/12242042/