addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Zurich's Language Exchange Message Board › Asian Languages Evening!

Asian Languages Evening!

Ahoo
Aasemoon
Zürich, CH
Hi Everyone,

For a while I've been receiving requests for various Asian languages meetups, and recently even more so. Chinese and Korean are currently on the top of the list, and I would imagine we have members who would like to teach/learn these and other Asian languages, so I'm looking into arranging a meetup right now, with your help.

First I would like to know how many of you are interested in participating, so if you are, please drop me a line. Also as always we're in need of hosts and helpers for the event, so please let me know if you're interested in helping me make this happen. Fortunately so far we do have a couple of possible hosts, but it's always best when there's more people to divide the work. =)

So, looking forwards to reading your responses and hopefully having an Asian languages evening for all of you who are interested.

Cheers,

A+

André M.
user 140434292
Zürich, CH
Post #: 1
Hi there!
Great idea, I'd love that. I speak Mandarin Chinese and Thai myself and I've been looking for a language partner for Thai for quite a while and I could need some practice in Chinese as well. Also, I'm learning Burmese at the moment (but it's unlikely to find Burmese speakers).

Plus, as of tomorrow I'll have a Japanese flatmate and maybe she would enjoy going to an Asian Language Evening as well. I certainly would. So yes, I would definitely come.

One important thing is: it should be at some place where they do not play loud music.

Greetings,
- André
Ahoo
Aasemoon
Zürich, CH
Post #: 7
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your response and your interest. So we just announced our first experimental Asian event, and it would be great to have you there too. =)

I think the venue will likely be one of the less noisy places in Zurich, but if you have a suggestion for a better venue please do let me know.

Cheers,

A+