a group for multicultural artists Message Board › Meeting Aug 28

Meeting Aug 28

Nataliya
Meranza
Group Organizer
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 29
Hi all,
First of all I want to welcome our three new members: Tob, Edith, and L J to the group. They are excellent visual artists with very different styles and background.
I also want to thank everybody who worked hard to make our art show possible. I congratulate the group with a great beginning and hope we will go on and will make our future events much better!
What we discussed at the meeting:
- Some things to improve for the next show, like stricter rules for the artists, and need for framing for all the artworks.
Also we decided that the artworks for the next show have to be produced in 2013-2014 or made specifically for the Multicultural Mosaic exhibition.
- Finished preparation for the final financial report for the EAC grant.
- Two organizational questions appeared: 1. Responsibilities of the group's members, and 2. Plan of work for the group for the next year.
As for me, I do not want to make people do something that they do not want to do. If somebody comes to the meetings to relax and chat after hard day, it is unfair to load him or her with the additional work. But if you want to have some voluntary duties or to help with our projects, just speak up or send me a e-mail.
The second question is very important. I think the best way to go is from project to project. If you have an idea what we can do next (for example, Oct 25 is International Artist day. Can we turn it into the Day of International Artist and organize a small event? Do we want to have a small exhibition in the winter time? Will we take part at the family festivals and other city art events all together?) please let everybody know.
It was very nice to meet you!
Nataliya.