This may seem counter-intuitive, but the main problem with Halloween is that it's in on Halloween! Not only is it so cold that you can't wear what you want, but everyone and their uncle is dressed up. The Purple Darth Vader costume that you secretly wear at night doesn't even seem weird on October 31st. So, this year, we're going to give you an opportunity to change that with our 2nd Annual Halloween In-Between Party!
Hosted by the Ann Arbor Electric Underground and Live, this bash is basically a halloween party in the summer. We've done it in the past, and it was a blast. This time, we're going big. For those of you who don't know the venue, Live has been revamped and improved and is the largest dance space in the downtown Ann Arbor area. The place will be decked out in Halloween decorations with a creepy fog machine, three hot DJ's and no cover for anyone wearing a costume. There will also be a costume contest with multiple categories. Each winner will get a prize valued at over $400.
Here are some more details:
• Three DJ's: There will be one local DJ that we're arranging opening from 9-11, and then the main duo of DEFTMIX (our very own Rolando) and Scout from 11-2.
• Anyone with a costume gets in with no cover.
• To make it easier for us to promote future events we do with clubs and bars in Ann Arbor, anybody who is a member of the Ann Arbor Electric Underground Meetup and RSVPs by August 22nd will also get special drink specials from 9-11: $3 domestic beers, $5 bombs (a shot in a glass of beer) or $5 cosmo's
• Costume Contest
• (1) Most Creative Costume
• (2) Hottest Costume
• (3) Best Group Costume
• - Outstanding Prizes: The winners in each categories will get a certificate for VIP service on any night of your choosing. This certificate will get you bottle service with two 1 liter bottles of liquor, mixers, no cover and your own reserved seating near the dance floor on any night of your choosing.
• (4) Lamest Costume: The winner of this category will get locked in a glass booth and made to dance for the duration of the party. (kidding, this last category doesn't exist, but we will imagine you doing this if you're in a bad or god-forbid no costume)
• Free Facebook Photo Booth: A new startup in Ann Arbor has created a photo booth-like device that they will be showcasing at this event. It's not actually in a booth; it's more of an automated-camera in its own roped-off, red-carpet like area near the entrance. It's completely free and immediately posts high-quality photos to facebook, that you can tag yourself in. Use it as much as you'd like and show off your costumes!
• Early Evening Bottle Service: Between 9-11, $75 gets you a bottle of either Ketel One, Stoli, Absolut, Skyy, Sminoff, Bacardi, Captain Morgan Tanqueray, Jack Daniels or Cuervo Gold + a variety juice/soda mixers! There are approximately 22 shots in a bottle, so that comes down to $3.40 a drink, which is far cheaper than any mixed drink you'll get elsewhere.
If you drink too much, make sure to have a DD or take a cab home. But first walk around downtown and get some weird looks from the rest of the people out who didn't know about this event.
Hope to see you all there! This should be a good one!