addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Scrum Users Group Message Board › Topic Proposal - Agile Testing Techniques - How to Incorporate Testers onto

Topic Proposal - Agile Testing Techniques - How to Incorporate Testers onto Agile Teams

jakell
user 9252360
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
The general premise is that "traditional" testers find it hard to make the jump from command and control phased development approaches to Agile methodologies. Furthermore, much literature suggests that development take on the burden of testing making specialized testers superfluous. This presentation talks about how testers can contribute, and can become invaluable on Agile teams.

I've given this talk several times within Turner and figure it might be worth going into the community with it.
Jeff S.
jsmathers
Rome, GA
Post #: 1
I think this is a great topic. I am a QA Manager for a group of testers resourced across five projects implementing Agile using Scrum and a few projects that are still using Waterfall. I am interested in hearing how other businesses are managing the introduction of testers into Agile and how they have addressed issues that have developed.
Noel S.
noel.stieglitz
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 8
Alex is an articulate speaker and has quite a bit of experience managing testing groups in agile environments. I would definitely enjoy attending and think the community would benefit as well.

Noel
A former member
Post #: 5
True... the transition from traditional to agile methodology can be pretty difficult for a beginner. As the entire working method is different. A meet up on this is a great idea.