Join us for our PMI-ACP(sm) Exam prep series. We will meet online
- http://join.me/agiledimensions. You can use phone or voice over IP or text chat. From there we will head over to Sococo
- Sococo - Agile Leader Hall 1
- Please note the timezone - 5:45 pm Pacific, 8:45pm Eastern, Next day in Asia.
- Slides and notes for class are organized in google docs folders. Contact Bill for help with access.
In the last unit we discussed how to gather and document Agile requirements. Start with your PIPE people (stakeholders), write some Personae. Then take the one line cue card (RGB - role, goal, benefit) and have a talk with your customer. Net out what the need, and don't need in the form of an acceptance test. Are they any good? Use Bill Wake's INVEST criteria to find out.
In the next 3 class sessions we will study project management aspects of agile, with an emphasis on Scrum, but also touching on Kanban. We will mention how it ties in to portfolio management with concepts such as Dean Leffingwell's Scaled Agile Framework and Scot Ambler's Disciplined Agile Delivery. After some lecture for concept and terminology we will roll up our sleeves and learn by doing by working on our Agile Library Project. Do you have some user stories in mind?
a) We will prioritize and estimate
b) We will plan our release and first sprint
c) We will monitor progress with big visible indicators
d) We will gather feedback and iterate.
When we're doing you'll have both knowledge and practice in DOING agile project management, and will also produce a useful Agile Library.
- 1st 10 mins - Warm up - Summary of learning so far
- 60 minutes - cover material for this unit - Lection & Lab
- Last 5 minutes - Closing - Plans for next few weeks
Monthly topics are shown in this picture: Mindset, Requirements, Project Management, and Leadership.
Checkout our schedule of 16 sessions on our Syllabus. If you miss one but still need the credit hours you can attend Agile Witness News (tm) episodes for makeup hours.
Sessions will cover: all 6 Domains covered by the PMI-ACP(sm) Exam with sections such as
- Mindset, Stakeholder Involvement, Value-Drive Adaptive Planning, Quality, and Continuous Improvement
When you are done you will
- Know how to do project management better in your job
- Have hours you need to apply for your PMI-ACP(sm) exam
- 'Class B' PDUs to maintain your PMP or PMI-ACP
- 'Class C' SEUs to apply up to 15 hours out of 60 to your CSP
- Experience with tools for distributed teams
See our Syllabus for how to claim your PDUs.
We will also remind each other to fill out any forms needed for our applications. Finally, we will produce some offline material for our colleagues who cannot make it to the live session.
The price is free, but we will do a 3 fundraisers per year to help offset costs for our our tools and labor. Suggest amounts free (I don't track your credits, but you're free to observe and learn), $21 USD, and $34 as a vote that you like the course. The prices is basically determined by your own resources and how much benefit you felt you gained from our sessions. We welcome sponsorship for $48 USD per month.
Roles in the Study group include :
- Learner - engaged, does homework, seeks credits or certifications
- Mentor - A volunteer teacher who may have Agile skills and wants to practice helping others
- Facilitator - A guide that helps facilitate the meeting and venue technology
- Admin - Someone who organizes the program and arch of the classes (Bill)
- Observer - Someone who simply wants to watch quietly - which is fine!
Experts and Novices are all welcome. See ya online!