Join us for our PMI-ACP(sm) Exam prep series. We will meet online
- http://join.me/agiledimensions. You can use phone or voice over IP or text chat. From there we will head over to Sococo
- Sococo - Agile Leader Hall 1
- Please note the timezone - 5:45 pm Pacific, 8:45pm Eastern, Next day in Asia.
- Slides and notes for class are organized in google docs folders. Contact Bill for help with access. PDF can be found in our meetup files section.
In our last session we talked about how testing fits into the agile process. We want to bake quality into the product as we go - not try to debug it later. We covered the Cohn's test pyramid, Marick test quadrants, and Krebs TETO (test early, test often).
Our Agile Library project is progressing with a chunk of code to query Agile books. Next we need to display them in two ways. We are practicing Agile Requirements, project management, and coaching as we conduct our library tasks.
We open our two session module on Leading Agile Teams and Next Steps.
Leadership Agile I - Lean & Retrospectives
Topics covered: (PD stands for PMI ACP Domain. IC stands for ICAgile)
PD3 - Boosting Team Performance Practices, PD5 Problem Detection & Resolution, PD6 Continuos Improvement, PT10 Value stream analysis, PK Applying new Agile practices, IC2 Individuals & Interactions.
Part two will follow on the 31st and will cover Part II - Teamwork, Large Scale Agile Date
Topics covered: PD6 Continuous Improvement, PT1 Communications, PK Code of ethics, PK compliance, PK Globalization, PT6 Soft skills negotiation, Large Scale Agile
(3 PDUs for both session combined)
- 1st 10 mins - Warm up - Summary of learning so far
- 60 minutes - cover material for this unit - Lection & Lab
- Last 5 minutes - Closing - Plans for next few weeks
Checkout our schedule of 16 sessions on our Syllabus. If you miss one but still need the credit hours you can attend Agile Witness News (tm) episodes for makeup hours.
Reminder - If you are a PMP or PMI-ACP and need PDUs please claim our hours in CCRS.
Sessions will cover: all 6 Domains covered by the PMI-ACP(sm) Exam with sections such as
- Mindset, Stakeholder Involvement, Value-Drive Adaptive Planning, Quality, and Continuous Improvement
When you are done you will
- Know how to do project management better in your job
- Have hours you need to apply for your PMI-ACP(sm) exam
- 'Class B' PDUs to maintain your PMP or PMI-ACP
- 'Class C' SEUs to apply up to 15 hours out of 60 to your CSP
- Follow the ICAgile professional syllabus
- Experience with tools for distributed teams
See our Syllabus for how to claim your PDUs.
We will also remind each other to fill out any forms needed for our applications. Finally, we will produce some offline material for our colleagues who cannot make it to the live session.
The price is free, but we take modest donations 3 times a year. We welcome sponsorship for $48 USD per month.
Roles in the Study group include :
- Learner - engaged, does homework, seeks credits or certifications
- Mentor - A volunteer teacher who may have Agile skills and wants to practice helping others
- Facilitator - A guide that helps facilitate the meeting and venue technology
- Admin - Someone who organizes the program and arch of the classes (Bill)
- Observer - Someone who simply wants to watch quietly - which is fine!
Experts and Novices are all welcome. See ya online!