Scrum Master Panel Overview
- Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a solid Scrum Master?
- What is a good job description for Scrum Master? Is it a full-time job?
- How to effectively facilitate the Scrum Ceremonies (reviews, planning, retrospectives, standups, etc.)
- What IS an "Impediment" and how to handle it?
- How to encourage team "Swarming" around work?
- What ISN'T your job?
- How to effectively "Groom" backlogs?
- What part(s) do you play in "managing the people"? Fostering self-direction.
- Or the part you play in "managing management"?
- Top 5 Keys to effective Scrum Mastery?
- The place for Certifications?
- How to measure the Scrum Masters performance?
If so, come JOIN US, for a spirited discussion on these (and other) topics with a panel of experienced Scrum Masters. No academic advice here! This is an "In the Trenches" discussion. It should be a BLAST!
6:30 - 6:45: General Networking
6:45: Panel Promptly Starts, Each panelist gets a few minutes for opening thoughts
7:45: 15 Minute Warning, Each panelist gets some closing thoughts
8:15: Quintiles can go back to normal
Right now we have two panelists "signed-up" and we're looking for two more experienced Scrum Master to join the discussion. We may even leave one of the seats "Open" for audience members to randomly join the panel?
- Maureen Green: is a Scrum Master from Deutsche Bank in Cary. She's been involved in the SM and coaching roles in agile teams for over 5 years. There's very little that Marueen hasn't seen...at least once ;-)
- Tim Kuykendall:is a Scrum Master from iContact and WebAssign. He's been operating in this role for over 3 years. Tim also has a wonderful DevOps background and feel for agile leadership done well.
- Beth Mullenberg:has worked for a small software company for about 13 years which has required her to wear many hats. Her official title is Operations Manager but she performs these roles as well: scrum master, project manager (PMP) and client manager.
- OPEN SEAT
- Bob Galen: will be facilitating the panel discussion. Send your questions to Bob before the session at [masked] OR bring them the evening of.