addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Agile RTP (ARTp) Message Board › The concept of waste in SCRUM software development?

The concept of waste in SCRUM software development?

A former member
Post #: 4
Hi there. Does anyone have a good definition of "waste" in SCRUM software development?

My Deputy CIO basically told me that any story not completed by the end of an iteration (and was promised by the team) is not waste because it can be stored and the work restarted later. His analogy was constructing a building: if you decide to construct a room, but then you work elsewhere in the building in the middle of creating the room, it (or its state at the time of switching tasks to another part of the building) is still there. I tried to explain about loss of focus of the team, the waste involving task switching (ramp up/ramp down time, etc), and from the customer's standpoint, the story was not completed and placed back onto the Product Backlog since it was not finished.

Thanks.

P.S. My Yahoo! account is really screwed up, so I am unable to post on the Yahoo! group.