addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Alternative Health through Natural Supplements Meetup Group Message Board › Important action item about new proposed supplement laws

Important action item about new proposed supplement laws

Ralph
RBeny
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Hi Everyone!

This is important!  As early as today, some laws and amendments relating to foods and supplements are going to be voted on by Congress.  This affects directly everyone in this group.

I would guess that the reason most of us are in the Alternative Health through Natural Supplements Group is that we understand that nutrition and supplements are important for our health.  Some of you may be just learning, others (like me) may have had a life altering situation that was alleviated through nutrition.

The Federal Government, for the most part, is run by people that don't understand nutrition.  I really think, that they think, they need to protect us from our lack of knowledge.  Their way of doing this is to restrict our access, or regulate, foods and supplements.  They rely on information from our medical system.  Sometimes this can be good, but most often it is done without fully understanding the consequences.  In my opinion, our medical system has generally ignored nutrition as an important aspect of health.  Out of their lack of understanding, I have chosen to educate myself, and make my own choices when it comes to nutrition.

The following link will provide some information on what is happening.  Some laws have been proposed that will further restrict supplements.  Some of the amendments have been suggested to protect our rights to choice and remove some of the restrictions. 

You may modify the proposed email, if you wish, to fit your intent.  In my case I personalized it with very brief information on how nutrition and supplements have made a huge difference in my life.  I included some information on how I got off over 10 medications by using nutrition and supplements, as well as how I feel that our current medical crisis could possibly be thwarted through proper nutrition.

If you feel that having the choice is important to your health, then I ask that you fill in your information and send the proposed email to your representatives.  Let them know how you fell about this subject!

Action Item:
http://tinyurl.com/Sa...­[/url]

I hope you take a few minutes to review the information on the above link and choose to let your Representatives know how you feel about this situation.

Respectfully,

Ralph Benedict