Ameripon Message Board › 12/11/2011 Japanese Language 24/7 Weekly Recap & Encouragement

12/11/2011 Japanese Language 24/7 Weekly Recap & Encouragement

Closed to new replies

This message board is read-only.

Louis
lwellington
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 36
Hajimemashou! :o) EVENTS: We had a GREAT time at our Anime/Drame viewing at my place on Friday night! I was happy to see so many group members willing to contribute towards making the event a success. In fact, it was our largest and most successful live event yet! Nate was great with his solid Japanese, as always. It also helped that he was able to understand a lot of "Boku ga Chikyuu wo Sukuu"! And a new member (Matthew) made an appearance as well. Matthew actually lived in Japan for a year and it shows, since he was able to both watch the programming AND joke around in Japanese :p We look forward to seeing Matthew at future events, for sure. Our Assistant Organizer (Henry) was there as well and his willingness to learn and actually sit through our loud (and drunken) Japanese was very heroic of him!

** A special mention goes out to Lauren, our Event Organizer. She pretty much was the icing on the cake on Friday night. She bought authentic Japanese food for the evening and even brought 2 different kinds of sake! She was sparking and engaging and taught us new Japanese words, while learning new words herself. I am beyond happy that she was able to make the sacrifice and come to the Event (from New Jersey, no less!) I cannot say enough good things about her :) **

FACEBOOK POSTING: All of you really better start posting lots more! :) I will keep gently bugging you until you either run screaming from this group or start posting ;) I KNOW that it can be a pain to post, since only 1 Facebook post can take 30-60 minutes with grammar/vocab checks in Google. But sometimes, that might be the only 30-60 minutes a day that you actually spend with kanji and CREATING Japanese actively, rather than just being exposed to Japanese passively. Especially for people who do not get a chance to speak Japanese on a regular basis, you either have to commit yourself to posting on Facebook a few times a week or end up being a beautiful mute.

I know that all of us have the potential to become fluent. I was absolutely convinced of that on Friday night after we finally let go of being nervous and polite and just became NATURAL, but in full Japanese. I still cannot get over how high the level of Japanese is with this group. Thank you for making this group such a great (and sometimes annoying) success!

Ogenki de!

-Louis

Japanese Language 24/7 Policy: Inactive (non-participating) members will be gently deleted from our roster on a daily basis. The definition of "inactive" is a member who does not post on Facebook or RSVP for events for 30 consecutive days. To be considered Active and to avoid being gently deleted, come to at least 1 Meetup event a month OR post at least 1 Facebook post a month. Thank you. And I am always available for any questions or help that you want (as I am also a part-time Japanese instructor for Beginners.) If you want or need help, please ask. We are all here to learn WITHOUT judgment or trolling. The only bad Japanese that will get you booted from this group is NO Japanese! And being a no-show at an event would get you booted as well.