Ameripon Message Board › 3/19/2012 Japanese Language 24/7 Bi-Weekly Recap and Encouragement

3/19/2012 Japanese Language 24/7 Bi-Weekly Recap and Encouragement

This message board is read-only.

Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 46
Hajimemashou! :o)

EVENTS: It has been a quiet 2 weeks since I converted the Japanese stretch class to a monthly event on account of my schedule. But since the group is actually growing, maybe quiet is not so bad :)

We have a very special event this month and I have included the link below. There will be a MASSIVE karaoke event going on this Saturday. In fact, it will be our biggest event yet! Remember that you cannot come to Events without doing an RSVP first, so please RSVP! We do this because we need to know how many people are coming because of space issues.­

And I must give a special thank you to our Event Organizer, Lauren. Her Karaoke Event has brought in new Members and that is awesome! Also, she is a great person and Japanese resource in general. Your life is better once you have met her :)

FACEBOOK POSTING: Thank you Joe, Taylor and Emily! Your Facebook posts helped fill out the week and takes the pressure off me to create all of the content myself :p Reading your posts helps other people learn Japanese and making the posts will give you an excuse to practice, so everybody wins! In fact, I am so inspired by these posts that I am going to make one myself right after this email.

If there is any advice I can give you, it's that your commute is a wonderful time to study Japanese (by reading/writing, rather than listening.) That is a good hour or two per day of active study, without even trying. If you drive and cannot read/write during your commute, your lunch break is a good time to study as well. It is a lot easier to study OUTSIDE of your home than inside your home. But if you are somebody that faithfully does daily active study inside your home, more power to you! Of course, don't forget your podcasts :)

Ogenki de!

Japanese Language 24/7 Policy: Inactive (non-participating) members will be gently deleted from our roster on a daily basis. The definition of "inactive" is a member who does not post on Facebook OR attends any Group Events for 30 consecutive days. To be considered "Active" and to avoid being gently deleted, come to at least 1 Meetup Event a month OR post at least 1 Facebook post a month. Thank you. And I am always available for any questions or help that you want. If you want or need help, please ask. We are all here to learn WITHOUT judgment or trolling. The only bad Japanese that will get you booted from this group is NO Japanese (or being a no-show at an Event.)