add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

United Animal Advocates of LA Message Board › New Event: PETA's Take Action Conference!

New Event: PETA's Take Action Conference!

Christopher L.
user 3825636
Torrance, CA
Announcing a new event for The Santa Monica/West Los Angeles Animal Rights Meetup Group!

What: PETA's Take Action Conference!

When: Saturday, May 12, 10:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Hey Everyone,

Okay, I know this conflicts with the Animal Acres event, but I'm going to try to make it to both. And for those of you not interested in the Animal Acres event this may be more to your liking.
Peta2 is having an amazing informational conference. They'll have vegan food and helpful discussions about how to become more active in the animal rights movement and how to appropriately address those who don't support the cause. And the band Goldfinger will be there! Wahoo!! Okay, I have no idea who they are, but it's free live music, so how could you beat that?!

Where: University of California at Los Angeles, William C. Ackerman Union (student union), 2nd Fl. Lounge
When: Saturday, May 12, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Cost: Free!

Here's the link to sign up and there's an official description of the event below that:­

On Saturday, May 12, student activists will descend on the UCLA campus for peta2?s Take Action conference?a jam-packed day of workshops led by peta2 staffers covering a variety of topics, from starting a student group and making your campus more animal-friendly to dealing with friends and family who aren?t exactly supportive of your decision to be an animal rights activist. Vegan food will be provided, and everyone who attends will leave with as many leaflets, stickers, and posters as they can carry to help spread the word back at home. John Feldmann of the band Goldfinger will also be at the conference to perform and talk about what inspired his hit song ?Free Me,? and you definitely don?t want to miss that! The best part: The whole thing is free to you!

So whether you?re a seasoned activist who has led a hundred protests or a newbie vegetarian who is looking to get more involved in your area, we hope you?ll join us in Los Angeles on May 12 for Take Action! Fill out the form below to register today. Oh, and since it is free, please be sure to bring a friend or two (or five!).

Learn more here: