1. BUSINESS - Connect industries and professionals with local development teams, consultants and freelancers. Making novices feel welcome and veterans satisfied.
2. GROWTH - To grow the AR industry locally in time with or greater than its global growth ($120B by 2020 from $1.5B in 2015 = hockey stick)
3. EDUCATION - Connect students with opportunities to intern at local AR development
4. MEDIA - Provide a meeting place for local media to source information and connections in the AR industry
We are Augmented Reality enthusiasts of all descriptions - technical, arts, sports, industrial, commercial, investors, entrepreneurs and simply any end user. There is a lot happening in this tech niche and in particular locally which beckons more co-ordinated face to face interactions and formal/informal meetup gatherings. Jump on board with us!
Who should join?
• Augmented Reality professionals
• Wearable computing enthusiasts
• Digital Media professionals
• Interactive media professionals
• Innovation and Design leaders
• Other industry professionals and students wanting to understand more or enter the fast growing industry
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:00 PM
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers