You can organize this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 3 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

Kansas City Atheists Message Board › Let's become more social!

Let's become more social!

Charleen
Im_Charleen
Overland Park, KS
Post #: 1
I have noticed this group is rather... dead. Which is really unfortunate, because unlike organized religion... we really don't gather to talk about our lack of beliefs.

I would love to see this group be more active, and I know everyone has stuff going on, and a lot of members are technically inactive, but I would love to start having events again, even if it is just happy hour at a local bar, and hanging out with people that share the same beliefs as me.

I enjoy meeting new people and discussing anything and everything, it doesn't even need to be about being an atheist, although I am sure we can all discuss the difficulties of that, being as we are in the "bible belt."

But if everyone would start suggesting local meetups at places you feel comfortable, it would be great to start getting people together again.

Hope to see you all soon!
Troy A.
user 125701242
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 1
I'm up for meeting folks, but I'm not cool with bars and happy hours. I don't drink, and am not comfortable around it. Too much noise usually goes hand in hand with it. I would be up for meeting people in other settings like coffee shop, library, etc.
A former member
Post #: 50
I'm up for some socializing! I currently host a regular meetup via the KC Boardgamers group on Thursdays. It is at a loud place with booze. I'd be willing to host games at my place as well, but find some people would rather meet in public, which is completely understandable, and I wouldn't restrict visitors from enjoying wine with the games.

Any suggestions? I think an outing like tubing at Snow Creek is lots of fun, but maybe better after we have a few events under our belt. I don't go to most atheist events that other groups host mainly due to the sheer boredom they seem to indicate. I'm fine with chatting and hanging out, but I'm secure enough in my atheism, or disinterested enough in sitting through debates, that I don't need/want the focus to be on my lack of belief.

How about an outing to the Nelson? Coffee and card games in Westport or the Plaza? Dinner at a locally owned restaurant, ethnic cuisine or Americana.

From this list it seems that I'd like to go out on a date with the group. ;-)

There are a lot of possible activities that allow for conversation and distraction from the mundane. That's what I'm looking for.
A former member
Post #: 51
I threw an event up to the organizers. I plan to go to Afentra's VD Party and would like to have some others to go with. :D

http://www.965thebuzz...­

Thanks,
Patrick