addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › Sam Harris Speaking in Austin Today

Sam Harris Speaking in Austin Today

A former member
Post #: 8
My apologies for the last minute post, I just found out about this yesterday and did not think to share it until now..

Renown 'New Atheist' thinker Sam Harris will be giving a lecture on his new book "The Moral Landscape" today in the CSPAN2/BookTV tent adjacent to the Capital grounds and Congress at 4:00. If you've not read Sam's previous works, you owe it to yourself as a freethinker. His new project is profound in scope, overshadowing the writings of the other 'horsemen' in my opinion.

Admission is free on a first come, first serve basis. It is worth noting Ingrid Betancourt is speaking before Sam and promises to bring a sizable crowd herself, (we are looking forward to hearing her as well.) There are complimentary parking garages spread around, take a peek at the website.
www.texasbookfestival.com

I wish I had the time during the week to be more active in this group and hope to see some of your there nonetheless.

-Tony