A former member
Post #: 708
I'm not if anyone has posted this here, but the famous Fox Bros. in Atlanta has gf bbq meats and sauce. The sauce is sold at Whole Foods here. I don't think it's labeled gf but a meetup member told me they ate the bbq there and it was great. The sides that are safe are limited - green beans, collards and such. Skip the cornbread and mac-n-cheese, of course.

Slopes BBQ is also gf, in addition to Shanes Rib Shack, as listed elsewhere on this site (I think).

Jamie
user 3970714
Marietta, GA
Post #: 139
Yes, Slopes and Shane's are also GF. It's somewhere in the message board from last year. I haven't tried Shane's but have been to Slopes several times and its great! Will have to try Fox Bros. in Atlanta very soon because Patrick is always looking for good BBQ and he has been wanting to go there.
Stephanie
user 3686524
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 32
The Fox Bros manager (or maybe it was the owner?) I met 3 months ago actually has celiac! I couldn't tell how seriously he was following GF diet, though. it was the Little 5 Points locations (not sure if they have other stores).
A former member
Post #: 1
Does anyone know if Matt's Fat Rib Shack is Gluten Free? I drive by it so often and it smells delicious.
Jamie
user 3970714
Marietta, GA
Post #: 140
A while back, the manager let me read the ingredients on one of their jugs of BBQ sauce and it reads gluten free. I have eaten there a few times and never had a reaction, also ordering the potato salad. Just make sure to specify NO bread on the plate and also stay away from the rum baked beans, those are not gf. Now, this was over a year ago, I don't think they would change their recipes they are so famous for, but just to be careful, I would re-confirm before trying. It's so good, best BBQ in ATL in my opinion.
A former member
Post #: 717
Sorry - I know Shane's and Slopes are gf (they were included in my summer article for Delight) since we eat Shane's bbq often. What I meant was that I thought there was a thread about them and I could not find it.

A former member
Post #: 105
Anyone know about Smokejack in Alpharetta...?
A former member
I've had no problems at Fat Matt's and Rolling Bones- both delicious! Fat Matt's I order just the meat and a bag of potato chips and I'm set.
Bill & Katie G.
KatieGreen
Tucker, GA
Post #: 16
A friend just shared a takeout menu from BIG SHANTY BBQ in Kennesaw -- they were enjoying the BBQ there when she noticed they offered homemade GF desserts and when she inquired about it, learned that one of the owners has celiac and they try to be very GF friendly! I haven't checked it out myself (a bit of a drive for us), but hopefully someone in the group can and report back first hand...

smile

Update!! Just got this email response from the owner:
Hi Katie,
The majority of our menu items are gluten free (my wife is also on a gluten free diet). Since we make the majority of our items from scratch we know exactly what goes into our products. My wife also makes gluten free bread and my daughter makes a variety of gluten free desserts. Give us a call when you plan on coming and we'll let you know what special gluten free items are available. You can view our menu and daily specials at our website - bigshantybbq.com.
Look forward to seeing you soon.
Chic Dillard

Big Shanty Smokehouse
3393 Cherokee Street
Kennesaw, GA 30144
(770) 499-7444

Hooray Big Shanty!
A former member
I just got of the phone with Fat Matt's and they said their sauce is homemade and definitely is not GF.