addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Joomla! User Group Atlanta Message Board › Upgrading 1.5 to 2.5

Upgrading 1.5 to 2.5

A former member
Post #: 15
Hello. I have built several sites using Joomla 1.5 for my clients. These sites are small and not ecommerce sites.

I keep hearing that I need to upgrade all sites from 1.5 - is this true?

What are the risks if I do not upgrade all of these sites?

Has anyone else had this situation? Did you charge your clients for the upgrades?
Christina W.
Ag0g0girl
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 16
Maybe its my imagination, but I feel like my sites are safer security-wise with 2.5. I did have to get newer frameworks for my upgrades tho.

Right now I'm working with responsive template frames. Its really a different way to think. Let me know if you need some help.

Christina
Christina W.
Ag0g0girl
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 20
UpDate for this thread. Joomla has taken of all the 1.5 extensions on their site. The 3.x versions are the best way to update at this time, and you know you can repurpose your old graphics, but you will need a new backframe to strengthen your content.

Did you find assistance yet?