addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Joomla! User Group Atlanta Message Board › Joomla and Magento - Requests

Joomla and Magento - Requests

Paul P.
user 6768680
Suwanee, GA
Post #: 1
I've been requested to present something at the January meeting on Magento. Do any of you who plan to attend in January have specific questions about using Magento with Joomla? If so I'll try to craft some sort of presentation to answer as many as possible. I currently have one live Joomla and Magento client site (shameless promotion - https://www.PattenPec...­. I may have two others running before the meeting in January.

Some initial discussion areas could be:
Why use Magento?
How to connect Joomla and Magento - MageBridge vs J!Mint
Templating of Magento inside Joomla

Paul Proffitt
A former member
Post #: 2
Paul, could you include a review of SEO / SEF considerations?

BTW, very impressive - already preparing for a January presentation. You know what they say about a job well done!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Julia
A former member
Post #: 14
Paul, looking forward to your presentation.

There is some negativity around about Magento being too resource hungry and I guess the largest concern is the templating is a PITA. There also being issues when importing templates that are heavy on js. In defense there are some pretty nice templates coming out lately, but they are pricey.

I noted the developer of Jmint had developed a way to transfer areas of his Joomla and Mag sites back to and fro, so virtually creating a mirror of each other for that seamless customer experience, so interested to see how that works. And when it doesnt!

Probably be playing around with that idea locally till January at least.cool

Happy Thanksgiving, to the Atlanta Joomla Group!!

Cheers