February 23, 2009 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Launch your Blog/Website in 3 Hours
A WordPress Workshop
Only 40 seats available for PARTICIPANTS (additional seats available for instructors, invited observers, and organizers.) First come, first serve. A free web hosting account (for 30 days) will be provided for all participants from Atlanta's own A Small Orange. Attend this event and leave with a working WordPress website online. Been putting it off? Come and get it done with lots of help.
Because of the limited seating for this event participants must RSVP and must respond to followup email. Participants must also bring their own laptop and do ~1 hour of prepatory homework (i.e. account signup & domain registration/transfer; we'll notify you of your homework at least 5 days in advance.) To ensure we can finish in 3 hours, we cannot work with sites hosted on ISPs other than A Small Orange.
There will be numerous highly qualified instructors on hand (with more to be announced):
- Jack Kennard - Organizer of Atlanta WordPress Meetup Group
- Ptah Dunbar - WordPress theming framework guru
- Brandon Sheats - WordPress consultant and Install4Free team member
- Andrew Lunde - Jack of all Web Trades. Master of them all too
- David Cohen - Personal branding guru & WordPress enthusiast
- Ben Ramsey - Lead Organizer of Atlanta PHP
- Chris Spruck - Co-organizer of Atlanta PHP
- Kevin Roberts - Co-organizer of Atlanta PHP
- Adam Dill - CSS/JS/HTML Guru
- Kimberly Turner - Editorial Director of Regator.com
- Robert Swarthout - PaperbackSwap founder & Apache/PHP/MySQL Wizard
- Redd Horrocks - Organizer of Atlanta Blogger's Meetup, MailChimper & UXBooth Co-Founder
- David Leggett - Avid Blogger & Web Developer & member of UXBooth's UXPanel
- Tim Dorr - Owner of A Small Orange & Technical God
- Dan Kurzius - Co-Founder of MailChimp & Email Marketing UberChimp, and
- Mike Schinkel - Your humble AWE Organizer & WordPress plugin developer
Participants will select a theme from among the list of open-source themes we'll support for the workshop and will install and configure approximately 10 of the most popular plugins. Participants will work in pairs to help each other achieve their goals to getting their blog/website get online.
Registration is $20 and must be paid in advance in order to reserve a seat for the Workshop. The registration fee is partially refundable ($10) if canceled within 72 hours of the workshop.
NOTE: This meeting will be held on 4TH MONDAY, not the 3rd Thursday which is AWE's normal meeting time.
More details to come.