addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Auckland Sci Fi Message Board › Parking in the City

Parking in the City

Sharon
TheXO
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 57
Hi All

As a resource for those members of the group not so familiar with central Auckland, a few of us thought it might be useful if we could reply to this discussion stating where we usually park for meetups in the city or if we know where there is parking that is either free or reasonably priced.

Thanks
Jude H.
user 11404630
Auckland, NZ
Post #: 44
We always park in the Civic carpark for CBD meet-ups. It's a flat rate of $8 after 5pm on week nights or all day at weekends. If there is an event on at the Civic Theatre, spaces are often scarce so advisable to get there as early as possible.

If you approach the CBD from the motorway onto Nelson Street (i.e. from southern Auckland), there is an overhead electronic sign that states how many spaces are available in the Civic and other carparks.
Carmy
user 13717519
Auckland, NZ
Post #: 3
I live in town and often there is free parking near my building. This is after 6pm Mon-Sat and all day Sunday. If you go up Victoria Street West as if you were heading to the Sky Tower there are two side streets on the left where there is often parking: They are Hardinge Street which loops onto Graham Street (this one has a Post Office on it). I've got a friend who comes to visit and she usually can find a park. Then it's just a quick walk down Victoria Street (passed the Sky Tower) and you're onto Queen Street :)
A former member
Post #: 174
I normally park at the gun range, but that probably doesn't help any of you much... :-D

Outside the Civic carpark (Grey St entrance?) there's a tiny little carpark that's $5 after 18:00. (IIRC)

Also, much of the street parking is free after 18:00 as well...
Janet
user 13492166
Auckland, NZ
Post #: 1
I park at the kitchener street car park, it's $5 after 6pm on Fridays and there is a pedestrian entrance/exit on Lorne Street close to the Friday meetup.

There was road works at kitchener street last time I was there, but you could get in from the otherside of kitchener street.