addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Python Meetup Message Board › Seeking Django/Python Developers

Seeking Django/Python Developers

A former member
Post #: 1
First off, let me start out by congratulating Andy and Peter on a great meetup last night. I had no idea that Python could be used down at the Assembly Language level. When I was a Java/Python developer we mostly just used Python for Email parsing. So I look forward to learning more about the robustness of this technology.

However, in the meantime, I thought I'd let you know about a Django/Python role that I am helping one of my clients fill. It's a contract to hire role, but the project is cool enough that I've considered dusting off my coding hat and getting back into the ring myself. Happy to talk more about this role to you offline.

If you're interested or know someone who is ping me at kbrushaber {at} vaco.com

My client is looking to hire a Senior Web developer for their data processing systems. This role will have high transaction volume. They will help design and build new features, create intuitive web interfaces, write cross-browser server side JS code, produce clean HTML and CSS and assist on the Server Side as necessary.

Requirements:

* 5+ years experience with Python
* 5+ years experience with HTML and CSS
* Experience with JS, JQuery and AJAX
* Familiarity with Database Design

Preferences:

* Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
* Experience with Django
* Experience with Model-View-Controller (MVC) on the browser side
* BS in CS or other Technical/Engineering Field