Hey all, I'm working with some folks that are looking for a Python web app developer (see below). Please get in touch with me if you're interested in learning more about the opportunity.
What We’re Looking For
We need a web application developer who has experience building and deploying apps with modest requirements, writes clean well documented code and has an interest in product development. You don’t need to have several years of experience but you should be interested in learning new technologies and be a creative problem solver.
- Design and develop web app from existing requirements
- Develop a clean user experience for things like signup flow, onboarding a new customer, presenting complex data to customers, etc.
- Closely collaborating with the rest of the team to help drive the product forward
- Web application development using Python (with any of the web frameworks, like Django, Pylons, Tornado, Flask) or Ruby on Rails. We have a preference for Python but the right candidate could be an experienced Rails developer.
- Experience with the usual databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Understanding of source control, e.g. git, svn, mercurial.
- Experience deploying production-level web apps into hosted environments like Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, etc.
- You have some knowledge of the game market, like the differences between console/download/mobile/social/etc. games. You understand there are economic differences between free-to-play games that make money via in-app purchase, pay-to-download games and subscription based games.
- You have some cursory knowledge of SciPy and/or NumPy, scientific and numerical analysis Python libraries.
- You have an interest in social network analysis and concepts from graph theory
- Experience or interest in using NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB)
To apply send us your resume (text or pdf) and a few lines about why this opportunity interests you. Please include a sample of code demonstrating your web app development knowledge. This doesn’t need to be a full-fledged project, just show us you know what you’re talking about.